Streaming on LoveFilm

Does anyone stream films on Lovefilm? We have just subscribed but haven't used it much. Mainly because there doesn't seem to be many films available we haven't seen or want to see.

What do you think of it?

It works really well on Chrome but I can't use it on Opera because for some reason it spends twice as long buffering as it does playing.

I stream films from LoveFilm. I have noticed that when I stream to my Blu Ray player (Sony S480) I get a much better picture than when I stream to my PC, the PC seems to use a lower resolution stream (usually 640 * 360). I mainly use LoveFilm for DVD/BD rental, streaming is just a bonus for me. There are about 5000 films included in the monthly fee, and about 1100 that you have to pay extra to stream. If you are only interested in streaming and not in disk rental then it probably isn't worth the money.

We have Lovefilm and like andysm mainly use it for the discs but having the free streaming is a great extra as recently we have noticed a lot more updates for streaming including some newer films....so if we notice a film on our list is streaming we will watch it that way to save on a disc rental and get the option of having something else sent out instead

Does streaming count towards your monthly limit or can you watch as many as you like?

Does streaming count towards your monthly limit or can you watch as many as you like?

It depends on your package, you can get unlimited ones where you can stream as much as you like.

Also re the previous points, I used to stream on my laptop (chrome/firefox) but it was a bit temperamental, sometimes it would buffer so much that the film was unwatchable. Also on my wireless connection my PS3 wouldn't connect generally. So now I just hook my PS3 up on an ethernet cable and it works fine now, I haven't had any problems.

There's a great range of films on there, even quite recent mainstream films. Of course there are plenty of obscure ones too :)

Yeah as Kdo states it all depends on your package, but it should tell you in your account details whether they are unlimited or if you can only watch so many a month

I Stream through my XBox 360, and they are slowly putting some decent films on. I do enjoy some of them.

What speed internet connection is the necessary minimum for a good picture? I watch 4OD on a 8MBps connection and it's often blocky and crude, but that could just be 4OD.