Northern General - X Ray Dept :|

OK, so I have been having x-ray's there pretty much every month. A while back, when I was looking at the x-ray, I noticed a rather small maggot like image on the x-ray. After trying to figure it out, I then realised it was actually my manhood.

I'm pretty sure that when I used to have x-rays, they would ask you to hold a lead plate over your privates, yet every single time I have gone each month over the last year, this hasn't happened and when I am sitting with the doctor, me the doctor and all the staff in the room are there looking at my manhood as well as the part that they are actually meant to be looking at.

Is this a new thing? Is there some reason why they don't tell you to hold a lead plate anymore? Or do they just want to take a peak at everybodies junk? :huh:

I think this needs reporting in the star (with pictures)

They ARE X rays, not MRI scans? I didn't think x rays showed soft tissue, (an unfortunate turn of phrase maybe!)

It may go on your age or if you have been sterilized ect, I think the lead will be there to protect your fertility.

Its a secret trial to see if you turn mutant or not.

I love how you admit to it being "maggot sized"

There is no way its visible on an xray. It'd have to have a bone in it...... so better hope next time you go you dont get a hot radiologist. Lol.

I love how you admit to it being "maggot sized"

There is no way its visible on an xray. It'd have to have a bone in it...... so better hope next time you go you dont get a hot radiologist. Lol.

Sorry to rain on your parade, I was a Senior Radiographer at NGH for 15 years, Yes you can see soft tissue on X-rays, it all depends on the exposure factors!

Lead protection SHOULD be used at all times to protect the gonad area, BUT the lead protection masks the anatomy underneath, so if the Radiologist is looking for something in the Bladder/Symphisis area then it's not used. Any more questions?? :D

YES, you can see willies on X-rays......:)

Edited by lilypiglet
Addition

<<<Sorry to rain on your parade>>>

No, thank you for a superb reply. Live and learn. Ta.

<<<Sorry to rain on your parade>>>

No, thank you for a superb reply. Live and learn. Ta.

No problemmo!!! :hihi:

I can safely say that they have no reason to need to see anywhere near there. It is a femur X ray that I have been having regularly for years.

I don't mind that they can see, just curious to know what's changed. If they wanted to take a peak they could just ask and I'd show them.

Just a guess, but maybe with today's improved detectors you can get away with a lower X-ray dose, so it might not be necessary.

I can safely say that they have no reason to need to see anywhere near there. It is a femur X ray that I have been having regularly for years.

I don't mind that they can see, just curious to know what's changed. If they wanted to take a peak they could just ask and I'd show them.

Ahah...a Femur X-ray...Unfortunately the male part does seem to sometimes 'flop' over the top of the leg when being positioned for the Lateral X-ray!

I was never one for manually repositioning said part.

The digital X-ray system now in use, is indeed quite a low dose anyway, and because of Digital Enhancement being used it means it's unlikely for more X-rays to be taken due to Exposure error etc.

It takes a wee bit of practice to position lead protection correctly for a Femur X-ray as it can seem to be positioned well, but on reviewing the X-ray the lead can be projected over the Femoral Head (Long-Winded lecture in the Photographic Geometry of X-rays....Yawn..)

Don't worry about it looking 'dinky'...it's called Photographic Foreshortening..:)