Lodge moor council flats- rehoming problem people?

The same thing has happened to the Multi storey flats at Stannington they used to be lovely flats occupied by older people.they had meetings.bingo.trips and friendship clubs in the foyer was comfortable seating which was used by the residents to go and have a chat.

Now the flats are inhabited mainly by undesirables the like of which are mentioned above.

So over the last few years all the elderly have had to move if they want to spend the rest of their lives in the peace and comfort they deserve and all the flats that were kept lovely by the elderly tennants have now gone to rack and ruin.

Soon Sheffield Council Housing Estates will all be slums some are not far off now.

Because the council has a policy of annoying the most obnoxiously small-minded people in Sheffield. And it seems to be working.

its also upsetting the elderly, house proud people with morals and work ethic. unlike the do gooders who think life is sweet by assisting these people to cause nothing but grief, to people who have earned a little respect and peace at their time of life. or is that wrong to ask for that?

edited to add, as per my posts, i am actually not even that bothered they get free housing given, if thems the rules so be it, but stick em in areas with similar age profile people , basic common sense rather than idealistic thinking.

Edited by ChrisT70

Because the council has a policy of annoying the most obnoxiously small-minded people in Sheffield. And it seems to be working.

i assume your a social worker? ;-)

would you like a single alcholic guy living at the side of you when you are 80+ yrs old ? or a young lass who has music blaring and people coming and going into the early hours of the morning?

Edited by ChrisT70

I wondered how long it would take for the 'Blame it on St Ann's' mob to get here.

People in Woodhouse should look a little closer to home as it tends to be the people 'Born & bread in the village' that create the most problems!

When you say people, are you refering to me? I am not Woodhouse born and BRED.

I also think you have led a very sheltered life if you think the hostel doesn't cause problems. You may or may not know some of the hostel service users are now living in the surrounding propertys.

i assume your a social worker? ;-)

would you like a single alcholic guy living at the side of you when you are 80+ yrs old ? or a young lass who has music blaring and people coming and going into the early hours of the morning?

Or having to keep your windows closed in the hot weather because of the smell of drugs permeating throughout the building.

its the crazy do gooder attitude thats costing us millions in council tax and benefits scamming, we are literally giving everything on a plate to people who havent earned anything like that level of living. give the best rented properties to those who have earned them , deserve them and who can keep a property clean, tidy, maintained.

an alcholic single male spending all day boozing or in the pursuit of booze isnt likely to be out helping the old folks keep their communal areas nice n tidy.

surely its not wrong to point this out, common sense must have gone out of the window if so!

Edited by ChrisT70

I wondered how long it would take for the 'Blame it on St Ann's' mob to get here.

People in Woodhouse should look a little closer to home as it tends to be the people 'Born & bread in the village' that create the most problems!

I wasn't born and bred in Woodhouse. I've lived here for six years and have noticed a definite change in the last couple of years. Not sure where the drunks come from but they sit drinking on the benches near where I live, leaving their bottles and cans all over the path and in the bushes - I'm sick of having to pick it up all the time. My dog has been badly injured on the rubbish previously.

it would be quite upsetting to see similar happen up at westminster to the old folks purely because its now very p.c to socially include lifes wasters with genuine people.

lets hope a rethink comes and its restricted to suitable people who will respect the community and add to it, rather than drag it down to their level.

it would be quite upsetting to see similar happen up at westminster to the old folks purely because its now very p.c to socially include lifes wasters with genuine people.

lets hope a rethink comes and its restricted to suitable people who will respect the community and add to it, rather than drag it down to their level.

Sheffield operates a "Choice Based Lettings Policy". Basically this means that properties are advertised any anyone can bid. The decision to who get a property is then based on various criteria. Generally people with a re-housing priority will be offered them. Priorities are awarded for differing reasons too. Being homeless, having a disability that requires certain accommodation, living in an overcrowded house etc.

It is virtually impossible for the council to restrict people from bidding on properties, some have restrictions such as age etc, someones priority can override these in certain cases.

We recently went for a 3 bed house on Westminster Crescent so the area must be for a mixture of people and I really don't see why old people alone shoud get allocated the nicest areas in Sheffield to live. I do think the present system for letting is very unfair and open to abuse and should be changed. I've known people who've 'split up with their partners' and 'become homeless' in order to get priority and thus first pick at most of the properties that come up. They miraculously got back together again once they'd got a house. This wouldn't have happened under the old sytem where you put your name down, you chose your area and you waited until you were at the top of the list. In the present system it is not unheard of to have 25 years waiting time for certain areas and there will always be people with priority in front of you.

I fail to see why somebody who has only lived in the country for a year or even less should be allocated council property but it's a fact that this happens. I know I'll be accused of being a racist for this comment but I fail to see how stating facts can be mistaken for racism

Sheffield operates a "Choice Based Lettings Policy". Basically this means that properties are advertised any anyone can bid. The decision to who get a property is then based on various criteria. Generally people with a re-housing priority will be offered them. Priorities are awarded for differing reasons too. Being homeless, having a disability that requires certain accommodation, living in an overcrowded house etc.

It is virtually impossible for the council to restrict people from bidding on properties, some have restrictions such as age etc, someones priority can override these in certain cases.

I have a mate who's wife can barely get up the stairs some days and they were told by the council that disability no loger gets priority. I don't know if they were just being fobbed off in the councils usual almighty manner or if it's true. The council seem to be able to bend the 'policy' however they like when they like.

its the crazy do gooder attitude thats costing us millions in council tax and benefits scamming, we are literally giving everything on a plate to people who havent earned anything like that level of living. give the best rented properties to those who have earned them , deserve them and who can keep a property clean, tidy, maintained.

an alcholic single male spending all day boozing or in the pursuit of booze isnt likely to be out helping the old folks keep their communal areas nice n tidy.

surely its not wrong to point this out, common sense must have gone out of the window if so!

Once again people are knocking the Royal family.