Lodge moor council flats- rehoming problem people?

The same thing happened at Longley.    My relatives were both in their late 60s when they moved into a lovely one bed ground floor flat. This was in the 1990s and all the flats were intended for the elderly.   For a number of years it had a lovely community feel.  People took pride in their homes and even tended the garden areas around their homes ( even though they didn't have to because the council came round planting and cutting grass etc. )  The tenants just enjoyed doing it.  They helped each other with shopping etc and cleaned the communal areas of the flats.     Roll on a few years and the council started housing younger people,  single parent families,  alcoholics and druggies in any flats which became vacant and the whole place went downhill very fast.   People were afraid of going out,  my relative ( then in her 70s ) was mugged whilst on her way up to the local shops.  As the existing elderly tenants passed away, they were replaced by more and more undesirables who couldn't give a damn how they lived and didn't respect the remaining elderly people trying to live a good, peaceful life.  The whole place became a pig sty.    My relatives have both passed away now, the last one only 3 years ago and I hate to think what state their lovely flat is now in.

It appears that the council have created a vicious circle. Older council house or maisonette residents would ideally be housed in these one bed  flats when like my MIL the children leave home freeing up a two or three bedroom house for a young family to move into however because the council have put younger people some with and without addiction or single parents (who shouldn't be house in a one bedroom flat)  older people don't want to move into areas which have become sink estates or areas where drug use and crime is common place.

Anyone know what the flats on Westminster are like at the moment? Have a friend who's thinking of moving there...