Lodge moor council flats- rehoming problem people?

why dont the people who are moaning do something about it like reporting the incidents to the area housing office for anti social behaviour it may be that the people don't always realise they are making a nuisance, case in point i had an elderly neighbour who used to crank his TV volume up i had a word with him ( rather than involving housing office ) and as the previous neighbour was deaf he didnt realise it was a problem, from then on no incidents.

.....Sits back and waits for posters to say its a waste of time because they had a problem and said person wasnt evicted at first sign of a trouble.

It's the same in Woodhouse - used to be lovely and quiet around the flats, but more and more "problem" people moving in spoiling it for the rest of us :(

A couple that I know moved from the Totley Brook council estate in Dore, to private accommodation in Woodhouse, because of the scum that the council had moved to the Dore estate.

SCC have an agenda, they want sink estates, they are even making them by ruining thoroughly decent estates.

hi

sorry to drag up an old thread.

We're thinking of a move to the area close by to this council estate.

Can anyone confirm (preferably someone living in the area/on the estate) whether this is still an issue or whether things have calmed down now?

Thanks

Because the council has a policy of annoying the most obnoxiously small-minded people in Sheffield. And it seems to be working.
As you are obviously aware!

---------- Post added 23-09-2013 at 19:56 ----------

A couple that I know moved from the Totley Brook council estate in Dore, to private accommodation in Woodhouse, because of the scum that the council had moved to the Dore estate.

SCC have an agenda, they want sink estates, they are even making them by ruining thoroughly decent estates.

You have to ask where Comrade Julie Dore originated from to get some clues.

Rachels1980

Hi there, I agree about the Woodhouse flats.

I lived on Water Slacks Road a few years ago and loved it there.

I have been past recently and been told by some skinny,baseball cap wearing person to 'f*** off.

Nice!

He looked like a Jeremy Kyle candidate, and it did make me feel sad that he was hanging around the flats I used to live in.

Send the Council a bill for cleaning up after them you shouldn't have to do this and you shouldn't feel intimidated when you walk the streets either.

We was on the list 25 yrs + before we got this house as that was the waiting time for here now we have an asian family moved in and a single mum with 2 kids who can only be in her very early 20s so how they managed to get a house here

My bold=

What's the problem with an Asian family moving in, don't you like Asians in the area? :rolleyes:

Perhaps they worked and saved to purchase the home they live in?

What do they save for this purchase empty Stella can ring-pulls ????? .

relative has admitted she fell asleep more than once with telly blaring! lol old uns never can trust em!

Sounds like the elderly person is committing anti-social behaviour.

If I was trying to have a nice night in with 9 litres of cider, a galllon of lager, quarter of skunk and what not I would be a bit upset if all I could hear was next-doors telly.

ASB works both ways, and elderly people can be a nuisance. Many young people have to suffer from loud tellies and that 'old people smell'. The only way some can deal with these problems is to turn up the music, and to smoke cannabis in the stairwells to try and get rid of the old person smell.

Hi, considering a flat on Westminster Crescent. Does anyone have an update? The crime stats would suggest that there's still the same problem.

Sorry for digging up an old thread but after just seeing a news article about an old neighbour of mine, and spotting this thread on google, i thought id share my experience. 

Me and my girlfriend moved into a flat on Westminster Crescent in Nov 2017. For the first 2ish years it was absolutely fine there, but then as the original poster, albeit 9 years ago, asks, we had some "characters" moved in by the council.

As I mentioned, 1 of these characters has made the news https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/crime/nuisance-neighbour-harassed-fellow-residents-sheffield-flats-saying-he-will-kill-people-3046714 where he threatened to kill a couple of elderly residents, was homophobic to another and racist to a copper that arrested him. Pretty much every couple of nights, we'd hear him screaming down the phone he was going to kill someone, resulting in many police attendances, so it wasnt surprising to hear he'd done it to his own neighbours.

However, i give you character #2. He moved in sept 2019, and honestly, he was worse than the first. All day drug n booze binges, overnight parties and raves, 7 days a week. Ive been talking to the council for over a year and the biggest action was them going round to tell him to stop... which ofcourse didnt work. He threatened my girlfriend when she walked past him one day. Before we moved out, he set his sofa on fire after an all dayer and fire brigade had to boot his door in to put it out.

I could go on and on. Both of these characters are a waste of space, caused so much nuisance to elderly and vulnerable neighbours. So after the councils lack of action, we moved out just before christmas and are now in Hillsborough. 

Long story short... yes, the council are still bunging these sorts into the Westminster area. No, i would not recommend living there.

Edited by avblade09

My mother in law lives in a one bed flat, it's a block of 6 and when she moved in all the flats were occupied by people 60 or over. My mother in law gave up her 3 bed council house once all the children had left home so that another family could live there. Now she's the only over 60 who lives in the flats, she's nearly 80.

The flats are all occupied by youngsters. Over the years she's a wide range of neighbours, most despite being druggies or alcoholics have never bothered her apart from one couple who used to keep her up half the night with noise.

I do worry about her living there because you never know who is going to be moved in next and she is getting more vulnerable with every year that passes.