Dunn's Caribbean cafe

I have noticed that Dunn's Caribbean cafe on Chesterfield Road (opposite Heeley Retail Park, in what used to be the Bohemian Cafe) has only been open very sporadically lately. It was closed today, and the shutters were down.

I think they've only been there about two or three months, and I wondered if anyone knew if they had already decided to call it a day. Whenever I have seen them open, there was rarely anyone in there. If it ever does reopen, it could well be a case of use it or lose it!

I went using a voucher from living social or KGB deals i think. It was only a basic menu but was really nice, no alcohol either. Was friendly service and it seemed it had some potential. it was also reviewed in the star not so long ago.

basic menu yes, always looks empty there, bohemian went bust, so will this place, no passing trade on chesterfield road, and half the time i go past there its always has the shutters down

Ate here last night, not many in ( but more than in Rushour which was empty, such a shame as their food is great).

The two of us ate 2 starters, both of which were very very nice & 2 mains again faultless. Total bill just under £25 ins £1 corkage.

The staff are attentive without being in your face, and as we left we said we will definatley be going back.

Menu is small , about 7 or 8 options for both courses, and a couple of veggie oprtions in those.

Hope it does well as there aren't many caribean restaurants in Sheffield.

This is much much better than the terrible UK Mama's

I had a look twice last week when I was in the area, both times just after 1pm. The first time the shutters were all down. The second time the shutter in front of the door was open, but the sign said they were closed on Mondays and only open from 4 to 11 pm on all other days.

So it sounds as if they have decided that it's not worth opening at lunchtimes. A pity, as I often used to go there for lunch with two of my colleagues when it was the Bohemian, and they seemed to be doing really well.

I believe it was some kind of dispute between the owner and the chef that led to the demise of the Bohemian, not because they weren't doing very well. In some ways I'm surprised that the Bohemian's former lunchtime clientele haven't come back.

I have yet to see this place open - although the Star has been lucky twice so it seems? Two reviews, and the 2nd stated that the place is open from 11am to 11pm? Perhaps they're not really into making a go of the cafe? Some people have cafes as 'pet projects' and don't run them as businesses...

I have yet to see this place open - although the Star has been lucky twice so it seems? Two reviews, and the 2nd stated that the place is open from 11am to 11pm? Perhaps they're not really into making a go of the cafe? Some people have cafes as 'pet projects' and don't run them as businesses...

Its always shut.And theres a new dunns river at Hunters bar, almost opposite endcliffe park.:confused:

Dunn's River has done so well that it's moved to bigger premises - the former Mini Bar at Hunter's Bar. Friends speak highly of it, so good luck to them.

Dunn's River has done so well that it's moved to bigger premises - the former Mini Bar at Hunter's Bar. Friends speak highly of it, so good luck to them.

Done so well? it was never open!

some people have mates at the Star

some people have mates at the Star
If as someone said, they are so successful they moved to hunters bar, then why not let people know?/

Opening 3 times and toddling off is not the done thing.

Whilst I wish this place well, Hunter Bar, where the Mini Bar was is not a good move. For whatever reason, restaurants that have lodged here have always failed. I dont know if it's the parking or just the layout of the restaurant, but for some reason they fail.

Hope this place doesn't fall into the same catagory