Day off monday .

got day off monday. fancy fishing some where different done most of the carp puddles lindholme bankend candycorner westwood side ect ect ect also fished the tidal trent and the don this season any suggestions

i sometimes go to a place just outside beverly called WESTLANDS proper good fishin think im up there this weekend.or have a trip to boddies,clattercotes or drayton usually matched at weekends

Edited by animal2477
put wrong venue lol the place is called westlands

Try pond 4 at Aston KJS, full of Crucians & small Tench + Skimmers. I know it's only a small pond ( 9 pegs ) but they make a nice change from the usual.

hi have you tried higham farm near claycross chesterfield.

if you want to get away from carp puddles how about underbank? not an easy water but can be rewarding.

if you want to get away from carp puddles how about underbank? not an easy water but can be rewarding.

Fished underbank about 2 wks ago and had a proper red letter day, must have had over 100lbs of proper slabs ( those big black 6 or 7 pounders ). Only took the basic tackle ie, feeder rod, groundbait and minimum tackle requirements as its a bugger to get down to the bankside from the stocksbridge bypass entrance. Tend to go 4 or 5 times a season and have always caught, but usually the skimmers from 8oz to 2 maybe or 3 lbs, first time i have actually sat on the proper uns and the sport was hectic, started on a size 20 with single red maggott and finished on a size 16 with treble castor to try and keep in touch with the big lads, only moan is ( and a serious moan ) its a monumental mud bath. had to detach the mud legs and wade out to try and scrape the clay off all 4 legs , plus the keepnet and waders still stink of rotting something or other 2 weeks on.If you dont mind the muck its a brilliant underated fishery, OH> by the way i am going next monday, taking loads of corn this time to try and keep the shoal in the swim , providing that they are ther in the first place, good luck

grandadowl, where do you park at underbank? i've always parked on the road at the far end of the wall and walked on the path up towards the yacht house. yet i've seen cars parked near the yacht house which i'm sure were other anglers. are you allowed to park there and if so where is the entrance?

grandadowl, where do you park at underbank? i've always parked on the road at the far end of the wall and walked on the path up towards the yacht house. yet i've seen cars parked near the yacht house which i'm sure were other anglers. are you allowed to park there and if so where is the entrance?

t,other side mate, From chapletown follow the stocksbridge by/pass and turn off at( steel works west ), 300 yards down the slip road turn first right then immediate right with a dead end sign, 100 yards to barrier and thats where i park,walk down the bank ( it,s not that bad, but be careful anyway ) about 50yards from the dam wall is where i had the bream, its a big chuck , maybe 60yards to find just a tad more depth,hope you enjoy your own company cos your usually on your own, but for me its proper fishing and i love it.try to get about a dozen or so feeders out before fishing so as to at least put some kind of carpet down and give yourself a fighting chance of holding the bream shoals down as they pass by.Good Luck and if you do go let us all know how you got on !!

i used to be quite a regular at underbank and i've had some good bream bags over the years but for one reason or another i've only fished it twice in the past two years. i had a drive up today and the water level is really low. one of my neighbours has just started fishing and wants me to show him how to fish a groundbait feeder. i think underbank may be the the perfect place to teach him. i like to fish a big worm tipped off with caster or red maggot though i reckon these new fangled pellets could catch a few!

welll thanks guys for your suggestions been to most of em except underbank didn't fancy a mud bath. so went to a place i havn't been in 20 odd years a place called Girton on tidal trent. had a decent day 5 chub 4 hybreds and a few roach then the barble moved in don't get excited only 2 to 4oz loads of em good sign for future though

one of the first places i ever fished was girton fleet. my friends grandad took us.