Uniteds new 1970's Home Kit..Out for Pre-Order!

http://www.sufcdirect.co.uk/4_New-Replica-Kit-2011-12/74_Home-Kit-1112/1318_HOME-SHIRT-SH-SLEEVE-1112.html

Just placed an order for the new home shirt, bit gutted that it doesn't come out in time for the Malta trip but oh well.......Also have to have a rant at the prices as per usual £100 shelled out for an adult and 2 kids shirts, but this isn't just United it's every football club isn't it and it's bloody stupid.

Personally I like it, I think it's a very simple and tasteful shirt....Those around watching United in the 70's will remember the simple plain striped shirts and this is very much in line with those and I personally really like it, always buy a replica shirt as I collect them afterwards but this one I can see me wearing a load more often.

Note to Owl84: Before you wade in about the lack of sponsor on the shirt to follow on yesterdays argument....I already knew United were looking at new sponsors I never denied that fact...I just wanted to see the firm proof that Wednesday were taking the sponsorship over to s6.

WOuldn't have mentioned it unless you brought it up we've done the same with the away shirt.

Also wouldn't have said it was a argument was just pointing it out as for evidence i cant provided evidence of the conversation.

Its a similar look to what Brentford have done for years.

WOuldn't have mentioned it unless you brought it up we've done the same with the away shirt.

Also wouldn't have said it was a argument was just pointing it out as for evidence i cant provided evidence of the conversation.

Its a similar look to what Brentford have done for years.

Or a similar look to what United have done for years for that matter.....what with both us and Brentford traditionally wearing red and white stripes :huh:

Or a similar look to what United have done for years for that matter.....what with both us and Brentford traditionally wearing red and white stripes :huh:

It was a sarcastic comment aimed at CB, when someone yesterday put a picture of what the new Wednesday Shirt might look like, he made one of his pointless comments that it looked like what Huddersfield have been doing for years. (even though theres is thicker stripes and a different blue)

On a serious note the design is very similar to brentfords new kit.

Then again on looking again maybe not theres is more retro.

I like this one - http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=463&fid=221&act=1&mid=2117646541

Edited by Owl84

Bloody hell not red and white again....imagination guys come on.....:hihi:

On a serious note - Its ok I guess.

I like it without a sponsor!! ...... Soon as they stick a big sponsor on it it'll look shocking!

It would seem most appropriate you revert to the 1970s style kit, a previous era when you went from the first to fourth division in five years.

I like this one more than most of the ones we've had in recent years.

I like it.

No sponsors, no direction, no idea, no decent players and absolutely no chance of gaining promotion.

And then there's Danny Wilson as 'manager'.

Maybe a picture of Krusty The Klown on the front would finish it (us) off?

They could go the whole hog and get Hobbot back doing the kit and Cantors as the sponsor.:hihi:

Seriously though that's not a bad kit at all.

I like it without a sponsor!! ...... Soon as they stick a big sponsor on it it'll look shocking!

Exactly and the recent trend with us its usually a gaffer taped on sponsor. I remember when the sponsor was made as part of the shirt perfect example was the late 90's wards sponsored shirts. http://www.vintagefootballshirts.com/avactis-images/shu95hs_l_1.jpg

I expect a bit of Valad gaffer tape will be put on this new shirt.

Exactly and the recent trend with us its usually a gaffer taped on sponsor. I remember when the sponsor was made as part of the shirt perfect example was the late 90's wards sponsored shirts. http://www.vintagefootballshirts.com/avactis-images/shu95hs_l_1.jpg

I expect a bit of Valad gaffer tape will be put on this new shirt.

any idea what the crack is with sponsorship? ......... and we've heard all the jokes before the Wednesday fans pipe up.