Do you remember Rowlinson Technical in the 60's

Hi  - Particularly to  KEITH WILLIAMS  AKA Chalky  195.    this is Phil Markham .   How are you Keith ? Really glad to find you. it would be great to meet up. I'm unfamiliar with this site so sorry if this is not the right place to  flag that up.

Names I can remember extra to the ones you listed :-

Chris Brewel John Davies, john Newman, Philip Kirk, Johnathan Wright, James Moreley. there were two Barkers - was the other one Steven ? Surnames  only; Gattorna (I think he was in our house) ,  Butcher and Taylor. 

Hi  - Particularly to  KEITH WILLIAMS  AKA Chalky  195.    this is Phil Markham .   How are you Keith ? Really glad to find you. it would be great to meet up. I'm unfamiliar with this site so sorry if this is not the right place to  flag that up.

Names I can remember extra to the ones you listed :-

Chris Brewel John Davies, john Newman, Philip Kirk, Johnathan Wright, James Moreley. there were two Barkers - was the other one Steven ? Surnames  only; Gattorna (I think he was in our house) ,  Butcher and Taylor. 

Caught the special bus from Woodhouse to Rowlinson 1961 to 65. One of the many uninspired members of Ruskin.

For what it's worth, here's what and who I recall from the period 1965 to 1971 at Rowlinson Technical School (spellings may not be 100% accurate):

Houses:  Chantry (green), Osbourne (red), Huntsman (blue), Ruskin (yellow)

Some Staff:  Mr. Kay (headmaster),  Mr. Dixon ('new' headmaster), Mr. Williams (head of 6th form),  Mr. Dolbin (chemistry),  Mr. Parnham (physics),  Mr. Holt (physics),  Mr. Nicholl (physics),  Mr. Ellis (french),  Ms. Snell (german),  Mr. Rowley (music),  Mr. Dawson (drama),   Mr. Burke (mathematics),  Mr. Kurley (mathematics),  Mr. Mee (mathematics),  Mr. Hurst (wood/metalwork?),  Mr. Ibbotson (PE),  Mr. Benskin (geography),  Mr. Holmes (art),  Mr. Reddish (religious indoctrination).

Some Students:  John Froggatt,  Kevin Loosemore,  Kevin Marsden,  Robert Jones,  Noel Hinchley,  Richard Lambert,  Terry Gribbons,  Mark Bradley,  Anna MacCarthy,   Mary MacCarthy,  John Vickers,  Michael "Sam" Watts

On 10/11/2005 at 13:07, artisan said:

Can any one remember Mr Kay, Buzz, Bumble,and all the other from the 60's

I left in 1963  but can remeber Mr Rowley, the music teacher Toj , bumble, the teacher who we had for french. Long time ago now and the memories fade.

On 17/06/2021 at 19:12, C'est Moi said:

For what it's worth, here's what and who I recall from the period 1965 to 1971 at Rowlinson Technical School (spellings may not be 100% accurate):

Houses:  Chantry (green), Osbourne (red), Huntsman (blue), Ruskin (yellow)

Some Staff:  Mr. Kay (headmaster),  Mr. Dixon ('new' headmaster), Mr. Williams (head of 6th form),  Mr. Dolbin (chemistry),  Mr. Parnham (physics),  Mr. Holt (physics),  Mr. Nicholl (physics),  Mr. Ellis (french),  Ms. Snell (german),  Mr. Rowley (music),  Mr. Dawson (drama),   Mr. Burke (mathematics),  Mr. Kurley (mathematics),  Mr. Mee (mathematics),  Mr. Hurst (wood/metalwork?),  Mr. Ibbotson (PE),  Mr. Benskin (geography),  Mr. Holmes (art),  Mr. Reddish (religious indoctrination).

Some Students:  John Froggatt,  Kevin Loosemore,  Kevin Marsden,  Robert Jones,  Noel Hinchley,  Richard Lambert,  Terry Gribbons,  Mark Bradley,  Anna MacCarthy,   Mary MacCarthy,  John Vickers,  Michael "Sam" Watts

I thought it was all Boys until 1970, were the girls first year?.

On 12/02/2023 at 10:44, Alextopman said:

I thought it was all Boys until 1970, were the girls first year?.

I recall that after the new 6th Form Center was completed, several girl students arrived in 1971 for the "Lower Sixth" year and likewise for my "Upper Sixth" and final year there of 1972.     My original post of "1965 to 1971 at Rowlinson" was incorrect and should have been "1965 to 1972 at Rowlinson"

Started there in 68. Worst years of my life. They spent 5 miserable years trying to teach me how to use a slide rule. Here I am approaching retirement and haven’t had one single occasion when I’ve needed to use one!

• Like 1

Noddy Johnson was my form teacher in 1961, Mr. Glover for P.E. or Mr. Ransom. Mr. Kay principal Mr. Smart Chemistry. Only went there for a couple of years, came later on from another town, didn't achieve anything academically as the damage had already been done. loved the school and wished that I had been there from the start of my senior education. played football, cricket and athletics for the school and ran the fastest 800 meters, the record stood for a number of years after I left.

Friend of mine, Brian Hill went there a few years earlier, 1954-1960.

Hi 

Better late than never

just found this web site.

I was in Huntsman from 1962 till 1966 Names that come to mind are Kirk Gattorna  Batty Nettleship Lawrence Faulkner Newman Markham David Edwards Williams  More to follow.

>Anybody remember others?

More names to the above list,

Ash Brindley Grinstead Morley Turner Middleton Wragg Barker Taylor Buckley Davies Brewell Barnsley and Wright .

If I i missed anyone off I apologise