Darnall, trouble again!

This is again blaming the victims. If you and BF keep digging you'll soon be in Australia..

Not really - it's pointing out that the most vulnerable young women and girls - who predators of whatever ethnicity will prefer to target - tend to be white far more often than they will Asian.

Not really - it's pointing out that the most vulnerable young women and girls - who predators of whatever ethnicity will prefer to target - tend to be white far more often than they will Asian.

So are you suggesting there's a racial motive to the assaults as well as child abuse?

Maybe the white girls family don't care what they get up to, I have seen young girls wandering the streets at some daft times in the morning. The abusers don't target white girls specifically, it's just that it's mostly white girls wandering the streets at daft times. If Asian, black or Chinese girls were wondering about after midnight on street corners or parks then I'm sure they would be targeted also.

So only males can wonder the streets after dark .

She was dressed provocatively therefore... :loopy:

I havn't mentioned how they are dressed have I? :loopy:

So only males can wonder the streets after dark .

Read my post again and you will realise that what i'm saying is that when these abusers are on the prowl they target whoever is out hanging about in the streets which is mostly white girls so this isn't a case of targeting a specific race.

So are you suggesting there's a racial motive to the assaults as well as child abuse?

No, I'm not saying that at all.

I'm saying that if you were a man who wanted to target teenage or younger girls to groom for sex you would be wanting to target the vulnerable ones - the ones who'll be out late, the ones who come from broken homes and lack parental supervision, the ones who might already be drinkers or drug takers the ones who don't have anyone that cares enough to ask where they were or who gave them that money or bought them the booze.

That's a profile that's very largely answered by white girls rather than Asian girls.

i.e. It's not their whiteness that makes them attractive, it's their vulnerability that's the attraction.

I think its pretty clear that men who are predisposed to targetting young girls will target those who are available, ie out on the street when they should be at home under parental care and control.

As it appears the majority of those young girls are white (some will be black and mixed race too) then there is no racial motive as they haven't been sought out because of their race or ethnicity, but because they are out there. That doesn't excuse the behaviour of the men concerned, but neither does it suggest any specific racial motive behind their behaviour.

Do you call a tight reign being sent back to there Country of origin at the ages from 12 to 16 to be married to cousins or much older men i call that child abuse not disiplined family network lets get real the forced marriage of what are children after all is disgusting behaviour.

This happens to some and not all girls so please don't stereotype.

I believe there's some truth in this - there was fascinating programme on the subject on Radio 4 the other night - I might find a link to it if I can be arsed later.

For young Pakistani British lads in general, (and not just the small minority who prey on vulnerable girls/young women) the girls available for dating are by default, mostly white girls.

The girls from their own cultural group are by and large kept an extremely close eye on and not allowed to date anyone. Those that do will go to some lengths to be secretive about it.

For those who do choose to groom and seduce young vulnerable girls and young women a similar situation arises.

The overwhelming majority of girls in care or who are suffering from parental neglect and lack of guidance are white girls. All the Asian girls are at home with mum and dad.

I think that to suggest that there's a racial motive in that Pakistani men who indulge in this sort of behaviour choose their victims because they're white is a nonsense.

It's much more the case that their victims are there, because they're on the streets and vulnerable. They are very often white because it's mostly white girls who fit into their 'favourite victim' profile.

Product of broken home, lack of adult supervision, lack of adult care and love ( therefore desperate for love and affection ), likely to have already experimented with alcohol or other drugs, are materially poor (easy to impress with gifts of money, clothes, booze, weed)....I could go on, but I'm sure you get the idea.

I can't think of many Pakistani British girls that fit that bill, can you?

Thats because lots of Pakistani girls are being groomed into marraige not of there choice.Grooming is grooming no matter what content you put on it.

I think its pretty clear that men who are predisposed to targetting young girls will target those who are available, ie out on the street when they should be at home under parental care and control.

As it appears the majority of those young girls are white (some will be black and mixed race too) then there is no racial motive as they haven't been sought out because of their race or ethnicity, but because they are out there. That doesn't excuse the behaviour of the men concerned, but neither does it suggest any specific racial motive behind their behaviour.

I think Jack Straw said the exact opposite, and on this I'll agree with him.

I don't understand your logic that's all. It doesn't matter if the kids live in a hole at the side of the road. Just by mentioning their current situation, home life, circumstances it infers that this is a factor in their abuse. The abuse is wholy the responsibility of the men involved and the children's circumstances are irrelevant.
I haven't claimed otherwise, in fact I've gone to great lengths to make that abundantly clear, but protecting children from abuse is the responsibility of society as a whole.

Many of the victims of Catholic Priests came from stable homes? Where the priests to blame?

I thought we were talking about children who were being groomed by strangers? But nonetheless children are always abused by people who abuse their position of emotional superiority or trust.

I feel you are beginning to realise you've dropped a major clanger, but don't worry we can all do that..

Well if you had a problem understanding my point, I've been happy to clarify it on more than one occasion for you.

I'm not blaming the girls, I'm exploring reasons why and associating them with an erratic lifestyle is in no way blaming them for what happens to them, as I've said at least twice the victims of this kind of abuse are generally not the children of professionals, would you like to hazard a guess as to why?

Simply saying that men are to blame doesn't address the problem or their offending pattern, but appreciating that they target girls from certain backgrounds means we can help protect those groups from their clutches.

This happens to some and not all girls so please don't stereotype.

If it happens to one it is still abuse.