Slimming Pills and Weight Loss

If them slim pills really do work, why's america still the fatest nation in the world. And why are our obesity figures this high here in UK? I say eating less, regular fasting too, ( One day a week missing breakfast and lunch will do you so much good) eating proper home cooked food, and exercise are the real deal.

Kay

Brilliantly put Kay

As a nation in 2011 we have highly paid experts on the case, we have nutrition advice on the TV almost every day, we have campaigns endorsed by fading stars to beat the problem of obesity,we have experts in the classroom boring the kids to death about obesity....... yet the obesity problem is growing.

What was so different about the 1980s? yes, there was often the odd overweight kid in each class but that was probably the way that child was.

The difference is, kids were playing out instead of being indoors on Wi's or playstations. The compensation thing had not been invented at that time so sports activitys could thrive.

I do think if we were more active (kids playing) then obesity would drop. I do think the compensation culture and highly paid experts (self interest - need to keep themselves in work) are the main culprits.

And finally as Kay said, healthy home cooking instead of microwaved meals.

The only thing I would disagree with are missing out on Breakfast of lunch one day a week? I love my food and the more the better ;)

Edited by Shef_Fitness

If them slim pills really do work, why's america still the fatest nation in the world. And why are our obesity figures this high here in UK? I say eating less, regular fasting too, ( One day a week missing breakfast and lunch will do you so much good) eating proper home cooked food, and exercise are the real deal.

Kay

Fasting and missing breakfast...is this a joke? that will slow down the metabolism making it harder for it to burn off calories.

People these days are at a tug of war with people telling them ''this is good, this is bad'' I say eat as you please in moderation which will keep weight undr control.

Also people have eaten takeaways for years and it's only now we're seeing people really struggle with weight, and it's all because of these false fat free meals, slimming pills, fasting, etc.

We must also look at people like my work colleague who sleeps alot and eats mcdonalds and kfc during the day. He hasnt gained weight but eats more than your slow burnin calorie person on these silly diets.

Edited by Tipex

Eat less! cut on portions thats the best and most effective method....and no take away [removed] :loopy:

Edited by Twiglet
masked swearing

Kay

eat less thats right, but honey, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, it gives strength to function, without breakfast you can simply faint...plus hungry all day you will stuff yourself in the evning before bed which is even worse than eating all day...

I say its better to eat more often but smaller portions, that will keep you filled but your stomach small....the best option is eat healthy and normally 3 times a day just cutting every meal by 1/3 :thumbsup:

do those pills burn the fat off then, how do they work

i was thinking about going on weight watchers but have no idea how to become a member

I'm joining slimming world on Thursday I prefer it to weight watchers,

Go online and find your nearest group, them just turn up! I think thats the best way, people are so friendly and everyone is there for the same reason so don't be shy, just be yourself :)

eat less thats right, but honey, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, it gives strength to function, without breakfast you can simply faint...plus hungry all day you will stuff yourself in the evning before bed which is even worse than eating all day...

I say its better to eat more often but smaller portions, that will keep you filled but your stomach small....the best option is eat healthy and normally 3 times a day just cutting every meal by 1/3 :thumbsup:

Them hunger pangs? I've learnt that its all in the head. You can ignore them to an extent. This of course works best if you have money in your pocket, your fridge is well stocked up , and are engaged in some work or something else you love doing. (Does not include sitting in front of Day time telly). If not, then them hunger pangs will be magnified a thousand times over!!!! ( Further proof its all in the head).:cool:

The fainting thing has a lot to do with one's general fitness levels. I've just fasted for a month, breaking my fast at 6pm daily with a cup of soup,light bread + multivitamins, all through it engaged in active work plus singing and dancing. End of it has been all great. I feel good physically and mentally. I've even gone and retrieved a couple of suits that had been laid away due to a slightly oversized waist line. Its a great feeling, they fit like new!!. You don't have to eat huge portions of food, you've got to take charge, you are the boss, you decide when you eat and how much. I feel sorry for some people who can't even conquer a cookie, they eat one and before you know it they have vaporised a dozen!!! No, unless your metabolism is super efficient you will get fat, very very fat. Someone's said it well , "what you eat today, walks around tomorrow".::D.

T

The fainting thing has a lot to do with one's general fitness levels.

Fainting, if you are not eating sufficiently, is usually down to low blood sugar levels.

Fainting, if you are not eating sufficiently, is usually down to low blood sugar levels.

But if you take someone who eats lots of food, more than sufficient that is, and have them run a short distance,they quickly get breathless and have a fainting feeling. They wanna sit down.

We must also look at people like my work colleague who sleeps alot and eats mcdonalds and kfc during the day. He hasnt gained weight but eats more than your slow burnin calorie person on these silly diets.

A few people are like that. Even during our school years, we had chaps who would just sit through a lecture and pass well, or study a couple of nights before exam day and do better than those who camped in the library.: confused:

But if you take someone who eats lots of food, more than sufficient that is, and have them run a short distance,they quickly get breathless and have a fainting feeling. They wanna sit down.

thats because of lack of oxygen to the brain caused by physical exercise which they are not used to, if they did regular exercise they would see that change and not get those feelings anymore

thats because of lack of oxygen to the brain caused by physical exercise which they are not used to, if they did regular exercise they would see that change and not get those feelings anymore

...thats because of lack of oxygen to the brain caused by physical exercise which they are not use to, if they did regular exercise they would see that change and not get those feelings anymore...

True that, but I used that in response to plain talker assertion that one must have breakfast other wise they'lll wind up with fainting spells during the day. I said no, cos I missed breakfast for one month but didn't get no fainting spells. My arguement was you don't have to eat everday,especially if weght is an issue,you can train your stomach to require less by not filling it to the brim every time it rumbles. If you ignore it,perhaps just drink a glass of water, the rumbles will die down, you've got to take your mind off it as well. thats where I said it's improtant to be busy.

...thats because of lack of oxygen to the brain caused by physical exercise which they are not use to, if they did regular exercise they would see that change and not get those feelings anymore...

True that, but I used that in response to plain talker assertion that one must have breakfast other wise they'lll wind up with fainting spells during the day. I said no, cos I missed breakfast for one month but didn't get no fainting spells. My arguement was you don't have to eat everday,especially if weght is an issue,you can train your stomach to require less by not filling it to the brim every time it rumbles. If you ignore it,perhaps just drink a glass of water, the rumbles will die down, you've got to take your mind off it as well. thats where I said it's improtant to be busy.

yes i agree, i have cut down my eating massively, i never used to eat breakfast and always sat around late at night eating takeaways etc, now i always have breakfast and dont eat after 7pm, and it has helped me feel alot better.

apart from making me feel healthier it has helped me get into a better routine.