Socially inept people, I need your help..

Originally posted by Rentaknight

THIS REPLY REFERS TO A POST STARSPARKLE MADE. It does not reflect my opinion on the entire fourm "AS A WHOLE".

You guys are driving me nuts, I don't "DISPAIR" of my flat mates. I love my flat, I love my life. These internet fourms are INSANE! It's impossible to have ANY kind of emotional or indepth dicussion at all, without people taking it the wrong way. DID I MENTION FOR ONE MOMENT I WAS UNHAPPY EITHER? I couldn't care less, I haven't even thought about them for 3 weeks. I just came in the other day and thought jeeeeez I wonder where they are, pherhaps I should make some effort, I know I'll get some advice from the GEEK PATROL FIRST! lol

YOU ARE MISSING FUNDEMENTAL POINTS NECCERSARY FOR THE FUNCTION OF THIS THREAD.

You know what, love, you don't have to come online here. If we're driving you insane, feel free to go away :)

I can't be arsed to read this thread. Can some one please summarise!!!!! and then i'll be incredibly clever and witty!:cool:

Mini:

Rentaknight: I'm too kewl for skewl

Everyone else: Really? We think you're rubbish

A couple of people: Maybe he's not that bad

Rentaknight: HOW DARE YOU I'M GREAT

Everyone else: Whatever

Originally posted by miniminch

I can't be arsed to read this thread. Can some one please summarise!!!!! and then i'll be incredibly clever and witty!:cool:

Rentaknight is worried that his flat mates are far too shy and he wants to know how he canbring them out of their shell and be more like him (outgoing, confident, and an ex model no less).

Sadly for Rentaknight most of the advice was along the lines of 'leave them be you jumped up smug superior person' (although there was a quality post by a crustacean related member on page 4).

Rentaknight took exception to this and called us all no-life geek weirdos.

I still maintain it's a wind-up.

Someone that 'amazing' would never give a stuff about a load of geeks and freaks.

But it's been worth it for the laughs..

Come on, you're still being harsh. The guy just wants to know the people he lives with better, where's the crime in that? The fact that his flatmates aren't giving him the oppertunity is their problem, not his. If he's making an effort to talk to them but they are ignoring him or avoiding him then that is plain rude. There is a difference between being shy and being rude. I am shy, but if someone asked me a question I would not ignore them, or just give a one word answer then dart off as quickly as possible. That would be rude.

As I said Rentaknight, you're not going to change these people overnight, it will have to be a gradual thing. As long as you're not coming over as cocky or overconfident, if you make an effort, albeit small for a start, I think they will open up eventually.

Well I think you sound great Rentaknight, and for your information, I am a socially inept geek type of person, and I am just so jealous of your flat mates. Why don't you forget about them, and show me the light !? Train me !? I'll even pay !!!

Originally posted by Sidla

As I said Rentaknight, you're not going to change these people overnight, it will have to be a gradual thing. As long as you're not coming over as cocky or overconfident, if you make an effort, albeit small for a start, I think they will open up eventually.

Who is rentaknight to change them at all? If his flatmates want to be shy, quiet people who don't interact with rentaknight then they have a right to be.

I suspect that the problem is more that he can't stand the flatmates ignoring him. After all, he is great and who would ignore someone like that? lol

Originally posted by kathythebean

Mini:

Rentaknight: I'm too kewl for skewl

Everyone else: Really? We think you're rubbish

A couple of people: Maybe he's not that bad

Rentaknight: HOW DARE YOU I'M GREAT

Everyone else: Whatever

Beanie - Rentakill: I'm 2 kewl for skewl

Mini: Why don't you **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** off - you **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** you need and education you bell end- :gag: Oh and HI and welcome to the forum - I'm Miniminch - People call me Mini - I'm lovely deep down (very deep down)

Originally posted by limpetboy

Who is rentaknight to change them at all? If his flatmates want to be shy, quiet people who don't interact with rentaknight then they have a right to be.

But are shy people happy being shy? I'm not. I love it when people want to make an effort to converse with me, because I don't always have the confidence to initiate conversation.

Originally posted by Sidla

But are shy people happy being shy? I'm not. I love it when people want to make an effort to converse with me, because I don't always have the confidence to initiate conversation.

Thats fair enough Sidla but they don't want to talk to him, they run away when they see him coming....shouldn't that say something to him?