Door knockers in Sheff 8..

Tell them where to go and slam the door in their conning faces!!!!

They come over all official with ID badges and the patter, in reality they're selling solar panels and from a google on them, they're taking money from people and not coming up with the goods..

I asked the bloke if he was selling something to which he replied "NO" but the google search says otherwise:rant::rant::rant:

Have a read at these two pages about them....

SSP energy saving group

Biggsy...

I never ever hand over money at the door! ever, most companys call to either get you to sign for the service/product they are selling and take payment later through the bank or something, most companys sales people are told not to accept cash at the door and thats what I go on, if someone was to call at my door selling something and wanted cash there n then Id shut the door in their face.

how do they now what house is what as no houses seem to have numbers on any more

how do they now what house is what as no houses seem to have numbers on any more

Hi Slowcoach

I reckon they'll just count up as they go along from the first house though on our road, there are plenty of numbers on the door/walls..

Coincidentally though, our house doesn't have a number now as it was on the old wooden door and since we had new windows fitted, i've not put a replacement up..

We have the house number on both the blue and black bins though- self adhesive in white and around six inches tall;)

Cheers :)

I have a note on the door that says, no cold callers, I am also in S8 and it was endless on our road, night after night, still get the odd one, but just dont answer the door now, iunless I am expecting someone.

we had a dog charity call and i offered to give them a donation and he refused, He said we cannot take money on cold calls but they prefer to take a £2 a month donation and this stranger who was legitimate I'm sure, would take away my bank details....NO CHANCE! now whats all that about with charities?