Sheffield landlords who let to Benefit-claiming tenants?

so apart from single parents and the ill, why would anyone else see themselves as going to be unemployed for more than a couple of months ?

I'm sure someone with a criminal record can find work, using that as an excuse means that if you've got a criminal record, then get your money for doin nowt,

if you've not got a criminal record, never done nobody no harm, you've got to go out and earn your money ?

i wouldn't consider myself as very educated,, very skilled,, just willing to work and earn a wage

How hard is it to get a house that accepts dss and pets they seem to be non-existant

im trying to get a 2/3 bed up south sheffield ie westfield,mosborough,waterthorpe,peaks

i did find one with a estate agents but was horrified to find that i had to pay 150.00 credit check

but what i cant understand is why? They cost 2.99 on internet and housing benefit would pay the rent xxx

i would be grateful if any private landlords in s20 would get in touch if they have any properties in this area

can provide references and guarantor xx

You may have difficulty if you have pets. This is because of damage they may cause (e.g scratching doors) but also staining, smells and hairs. It is common to charge at least 50% extra deposit to cover the risks.

£150 charge for a credit check is expensive. It is usually around £37 per person and as you have a guarantor this will be charged twice, one for you and one for the guarantor.

Hope this helps.

my pets are old 4,5 and 9 and i agree with the credit check

Dammit Rach, We just rented a house in S20 which was previously used by someone with a million cats. If I had known I would have let you know. Despoit? credit check? extra for pets? that's all crap in my eyes. End of the day the goal is to earn money from house value. Insurance covers the rest. I don't do any of that and private or DSS makes no odds to me.

Not been funny but why do people presume that people that have cats are gonna live in a house that smells and is full of hairs ?? Most people do housetrain their cats!! At the end of the day if the rent is paid and the house is kept clean why is their a problem ?? And if you have pet insurance any mishaps or damage to someone elses property is covered !

It is one of the reasons landlords dont accept pets as the above points are possible. I can aggree that there are some well behaved pets that do not cause any problems but there are the odd that do and it is those that spoil it for the majority.

I have a Labrador that sheds hairs and they get every where. Every nook and cranny. Only a Kirby vac can get them up. He leaves a stain on the carpet where he lies and I have the carpet cleaned every year to remove his hair oil stain. He cant help it but it happens and I have to clean his mess.

Also, if it is a Council leasehold for a flat, maisonette for example, you may find that pets are not allowed under the terms of the lease. This is the case for some privately owned ex Council leasehold properties.

It is unfortunate, the pets ban but its the usual thing, the minority that spoil it for the majority.

My friend is needing to move for personal reasons but needs a landlord that takes dhss does anyone have any recommendations ty

local councils hald a list of private landlords and letting agents also will tell you who will except dhss my daughter had the same problem of finding out.

http://www.syha.co.uk, South Yorkshire Housing Association, they will take tenants on benefits, I am in one of their properties in Netherthorpe.

My landlord does, pm me and I'll give you his details