One player I don't want United to offload on his way out?

Apparently Blackpool have tabled a £300k bid for our up and coming star at the back Matthew Lowton according to sources up at the Lancashire club, however nothing as been released as to whether The Blades are to entertain this bid.

Personally first things first, relegated or not the above bid in my opinion is not even a third of what I value Lowton at therefore desperate to offload players or not, should United entertain such a rediculous bid for a very decent player I would be angered to say the least.

Secondly simple as, I don't want Lowton to leave Sheffield United. He in my opinion was one of the better players of last season, he stood out in many a game and looked steady and solid and definately looked far more experienced than his age suggests. Lowton is a vital player in my Sheffield United team next season, I think he will excel and will probably be one of our stand out players and one of the stand out players in League One I personally rate him that much.

Being a new first team regular upon his graduation from our home grown set up, surely his salary can't be that much??....Surely he has to be way down the list of players weneed to be offloading???

Just wondered about other Blades opinions on this.....if they sell it's bad news in my opinion??....

Apparently Blackpool have tabled a £300k bid for our up and coming star at the back Matthew Lowton according to sources up at the Lancashire club, however nothing as been released as to whether The Blades are to entertain this bid.

Personally first things first, relegated or not the above bid in my opinion is not even a third of what I value Lowton at therefore desperate to offload players or not, should United entertain such a rediculous bid for a very decent player I would be angered to say the least.

Secondly simple as, I don't want Lowton to leave Sheffield United. He in my opinion was one of the better players of last season, he stood out in many a game and looked steady and solid and definately looked far more experienced than his age suggests. Lowton is a vital player in my Sheffield United team next season, I think he will excel and will probably be one of our stand out players and one of the stand out players in League One I personally rate him that much.

Being a new first team regular upon his graduation from our home grown set up, surely his salary can't be that much??....Surely he has to be way down the list of players weneed to be offloading???

Just wondered about other Blades opinions on this.....if they sell it's bad news in my opinion??....

As you said though he was one of the better players in a dismal effort last season, so the likes of Blackpool will be tempted into such a bid. It's not like we're going to be getting bids for the likes of Simonsen and other flops, so maybe they have no choice if things are that bad that we need to get some money in sharpish?

Would be a shame though. To see the club reject the bid (or not be tempted unless it got to at least a million) would be a sign they're serious about trying to make an attempt at promotion next season.

We need to board to grow a set and tell Blackpool to go take a running jump off that tower of theirs for offering such a derogatory amount. Anything less than a million should be scoffed at IMO. I would prefer to see him stay though.

If he goes, they won't be getting a penny off me... I will be a stay away fan.

Apparently Ipswich have now got wind of the situation and have counter bid Blackpool with a similar sort of offer, as of yet it is to be confirmed as to whether United will accept anything and allow them to chat to him.

IF united entertain this I will be gutted, Lowton has to have a not for sale tag placed above his head by United.....the sales of Sharp and Walker have to be a clear sign of this, with teams offering Donny twice what they paid us for him...and Walker subject to a bidding war from Man Utd and Liverpool meaning he will probably go for a lot more than Spurs paid us for him!......these two alone need to be a wake up call to United.

its good to see united are going to stick with a youth policy....well those that no one else wants anyway. always a selling club and always will be

I agree with o/p. The only positive thing to come out of last season was Matt. He was the best player in most matches towards the end of the season. He can't be one of the higher earners so I don't think we should entertain any offers.

Apparently Ipswich have now got wind of the situation and have counter bid Blackpool with a similar sort of offer, as of yet it is to be confirmed as to whether United will accept anything and allow them to chat to him.

IF united entertain this I will be gutted, Lowton has to have a not for sale tag placed above his head by United.....the sales of Sharp and Walker have to be a clear sign of this, with teams offering Donny twice what they paid us for him...and Walker subject to a bidding war from Man Utd and Liverpool meaning he will probably go for a lot more than Spurs paid us for him!......these two alone need to be a wake up call to United.

Footballers are not chattels (at least not since abolition of the maximum wage) so you cannot prevent them going to a bigger and better club if said club wants them. A contract will give some protection but in the end they will always go. Supporters need to get real on this issue.

We like to sell so he will probably go sooner rather than later.