National Childhood Obesity Week - ban the under 5s from McDonalds?

I do think that if a child does go into McDonalds, then its parrent, uncle, aunt, father, older sibling (whoever took the under 5 there), they should then be forced to go on an "obesity" course that lasts for 9 hours.

The parent, aunt, uncle or father should then pay £20 to help the campaing to raise obesity awareness, and then on completion of the course be awarded an Obesity Qualification

Ooh shoot me now... my daughter enjoys the occasional chicken nugget and fruit shoot... but in no way is she obese as she gets regular exercise and eats a varied healthy diet every day.

You sound surprised.

I wasn't aware that he paid for sex.

Where does it say that in the bible?

Ooh shoot me now... my daughter enjoys the occasional chicken nugget and fruit shoot... but in no way is she obese as she gets regular exercise and eats a varied healthy diet every day.

If your daughter was to see an obesity champion, she could then make an informed opinion for herself

I wasn't aware that he paid for sex.

Where does it say that in the bible?

I never said he payed for sex. I said he loved prostitutes.

Perhaps you have some difficulty distinguishing between paid for sex and love?

There's something wrong with legislating against any single company, and I suspect your opinion might not accurately represent the facts with regards to the menu.

Like I said, I'm no fan, I wouldn't eat there if it was free, but is this as bad as you are making out

Energy Protein Carbohydrates Fat Fibre Salt

total of which sugars total of which saturated fats

Totals 209kcal 9g 21g 8g 9g 1g 3g 0.5g

Chicken McNuggets® (4 pieces) 170kcal 9g 13g 0g 9g 1g 1g 0.4g

% GDA 11% 15% 7% 0% 15% 6% 6% 13.3%

Carrot Sticks 29kcal 0g 6g 6g 0g 0g 2g 0.1g

% GDA 2% 0% 3% 8% 0% 0% 12% 3.3%

Robinsons Fruit Shoot 10kcal 0g 2g 2g 0g 0g 0g 0.0g

% GDA 1% 0% 1% 3% 0% 0% 0% 0.0%

Totals 209kcal 9g 21g 8g 9g 1g 3g 0.5g

That's a happy meal with chicken nuggets and a fruit drink. To be honest it doesn't look like it would harm someone eating a balanced diet, it's <30% of their GDA for everything including salt, calories and sugar...

Why's that then Cyc'?:hihi:

sues budgie should be charged with forum abuse, yet another crap attempt at trolling

McDonalds should deliver so I can give it to my child more easily at home.

They do, if you have the right contacts.;)

sues budgie should be charged with forum abuse, yet another crap attempt at trolling

Don't get involved mel' it's a dark matter.

I never said he payed for sex. I said he loved prostitutes.

I guess he must have had a few then

NOt sure it says that in the bible :rolleyes:

Why place all the blame on McDonalds? Dont parents in England get their kids involved in sports or do they think that sports should just be something that schools are supposed to take care of?

Does Sheffield have junior sports leagues partially funded by the city with the parents paying a modest sign up fee. How many parents are members of gyms and take their kids with them to work out? Or on hiking trips or daily walks?

Your kids wont exercise or participate in sports if you show no interest in getting them involved and just leave them to watch TV or sit for hours in front of the PC.

Banning kids from the occasional meal at McDs just seems to be an excuse for the parents to cop out of their obligations towards seeing that a healthy active lifestyle for their kids will keep them fit and at normal weight despite eating at McDs once a week.

Edited by Harleyman

Well the government are trying to hekp again, raise the awareness of Obesity

http://www.mendprogramme.org/aboutus/mendin2011/ncow

Yet as I speak, there will be parents who at this very moment will be off to McDonalds with their under 5 children. Is this not child cruelty? I have always considered McDonalds to be Gods way of saying "you are fat"

Children go into McDonalds, and come out unable to walk as there so fat.

Experts are on the case and are wanting our young to take up excercise (who will pay for the compensation needed when our young have accidents)

So why when the Government are trying to do something positive, are parenst taking there kids to McDonalds? how will these parents answer to God ?

Now woman, that is IT!! You better get talkin' quick!! Little bitty kids, going in to McDonalds and then are so fat they can't walk out?! :o Give me the address of this one NOW! Jeez, I've been to plenty of McDonalds around here, but none that do portion sizes like that!!:love:

Banning things is clearly a really bad idea, but I agree that McDonald's is appallingly bad stuff if eaten too often.

Education, as ever, is the key. Teach them to love real food and see McFilth as an occasional treat.

Dont you think thats a really silly idea?? Why teach anyone to think maccys is a treat-that is backwards. Just teach them to like real food the only reason a kid wants to go to macdonalds initially is the clown and the toys, its not the food!