Are sirens necessary in the early hours

This morning we were woke up at 3am, 3.45 am and 4.45am with sirens. They seem to be getting more frequent and I know they are for emergencies but is it necessary at such times. Gone are the days I could sleep with the window open.

They shouldnt have their sirens on at those times at all, im sure its something like between 11pm and 7am they shouldnt have them on a bit like us car drivers who are not supposed to use their horns between these times. Its not on when folk are trying to sleep is it.

Bloody mermaids. You'd think they'd be asleep at that time of night.

This morning we were woke up at 3am, 3.45 am and 4.45am with sirens. They seem to be getting more frequent and I know they are for emergencies but is it necessary at such times. Gone are the days I could sleep with the window open.

Poor you.

I'm sure the people who were getting mugged, burgled or suffering a heart attack would agree with you......:roll:

They shouldnt have their sirens on at those times at all, im sure its something like between 11pm and 7am they shouldnt have them on a bit like us car drivers who are not supposed to use their horns between these times. Its not on when folk are trying to sleep is it.

See above.

Give me strength....

They were on their way to an emergency! :loopy:

Tell that to the person crossing the road who is wiped out by a 'silent' police car on its way to an emergency.

i work nights, can they turn them off in the days too, and could the brightness of the sun be turned down a little while I sleep

some people just moan about things for the sake of moaning geeeeeeez

I really hope (and I do mean this) that you never have to rely on the emergency services reaching you in the early hours of the morning. Heaven forbid they should wake anybody up in their haste to attend your emergency.

Edited by Goon

You arent suppose to use siren/reversing horns or car horns between 11-7, personally i dont mind or am bothered by them as i understand why they are using them, some people will moan about anything though.

You can say what you like but when you hear them 24 hours a day and several vehicles at one time it gets overbearing. I choose to only say of the ones at night because just a blue light is all that is needed. Emergencies have happened since I can remember but not as often as of late.