Yet another rosey picture painted of Sheffield in the national press.

Is this true? do you know this for certain? what makes you say this?

Sounds like a load of bull to me. Some people seem to think that this forum holds some kind of almighty importance.

Well,it may be posh up S10,but where I have the pleasure to live,the picture is correct,

We have drug dealers openly trafficing their filth,and nobody seems to care.

I have witnessed,in the middle of the day,two 14yr olds humping up against a wall, with a crowd of like minded idiots egging them on.

Although it has bettered lately,we have teenagers from the local "Academy", mooching around the local shops at all times of day,throwing their litter into the nearest garden,and generally causing mayham.

And to top it off,the local pub kept all the neighbours awake all night playing headbanging music until 5 o'clock this morning.

Eeh,I'm glad I got that off my chest.

Well,it may be posh up S10,but where I have the pleasure to live,the picture is correct,

We have drug dealers openly trafficing their filth,and nobody seems to care.

I have witnessed,in the middle of the day,two 14yr olds humping up against a wall, with a crowd of like minded idiots egging them on.

Although it has bettered lately,we have teenagers from the local "Academy", mooching around the local shops at all times of day,throwing their litter into the nearest garden,and generally causing mayham.

And to top it off,the local pub kept all the neighbours awake all night playing headbanging music until 5 o'clock this morning.

Eeh,I'm glad I got that off my chest.

Which City would that be in then?

Let em report that Sheffield is crap, who cares.

The more people come here the less the "Sheffield village" feel.

Sheffield was also bad in the 20's and 30's. There was poverty and the related gambling problems which fueled the infamous Sheffield Gang Wars. It took robust police activity and WW2 to finally "solve" the ills. Can't see the police stepping up to the plate and WW3 isn't imminent. Don't think all the trouble is economically driven this time. Where's the financial gain from stealing and torching clapped out cars, or firing wheelie bins outside pensioners flats. Send your suggestions for improvement to your local MP.

If it was in The People then say no more!

Exactly. It's not like it appeared in a proper newspaper.

Exactly. It's not like it appeared in a proper newspaper.

Yes i know its not a high end newspaper, but did it really warrant a 2 page spread slagging us off?

Unfortunately, the first port of call for most journalists writing about Sheffield is this forum so given the whinging, whining pessimists who are always complaining about the city it's hardly surprising we get a bad press.

Sheffield Forum presents the worst possible view of the city to outsiders.

If you're going to read the People then what can you expect. A muppets paper. He is writing to engage his target audience. I wouldn't even call it a paper, more of a comic for adults. If you want proper journalism, buy a better paper.

If you're going to read the People then what can you expect. A muppets paper. He is writing to engage his target audience. I wouldn't even call it a paper, more of a comic for adults. If you want proper journalism, buy a better paper.

Oh silly me, i've just fed the stereotype i read a trashy paper :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, the first port of call for most journalists writing about Sheffield is this forum so given the whinging, whining pessimists who are always complaining about the city it's hardly surprising we get a bad press.

You obviously know most journalists who write about Sheffield then. Either that or you're making something up. The OP says the journalist visited Castle Market and observed with his own eyes. I haven't read the article but if anyone could quote the bit about SF I'd be interested. If people openly buy drug paraphanalia in the city centre I would have thought that should be highlighted rather than covered up. What other crimes should be covered up just so the rest of the country might have a falsely positive view of the city?

And you spell it "rosy".