Billie Nelson Motorcycle Grand Prix

I am trying to find imformation on Billie Nelson's family. He died in the grand prix in 1974 his wife was Pat and he had a 4 year old daughter called Sara.

If anyone knows anything about them I would love to hear it I am trying to put an old friend back in contact

Edited by myusernameha

I think Billy lived at middle or nether Handley near Eckington,you need to find someone who worked at Charlie Freemans maybe they would have some info,Billy is buried in Eckington churchyard,he was very well known in the solo and sidecar fraternity.

Thank you for your reply. Anyone know someone who worked at Charlie Freemans!

Thank you they are intresting, but its really his wife Pat I am trying to find

Thank you for your reply. Anyone know someone who worked at Charlie Freemans!

hi,

try eric on this number 01246 477664,he worked for charlie for years,he now runs his own bike shop in staveley

good luck paul:)

Can you tell us who wants to get in touch with Pat as she is my Auntie and I can pass your details on.

many thx

new to forum so will not let me pm you will email you when I have been in touch with auntie Pat pls pm me you mothers name so I can pass it on to Pat

thx

Will get in touch with Pat over the weekend and let you know

I think Billy lived at middle or nether Handley near Eckington,you need to find someone who worked at Charlie Freemans maybe they would have some info,Billy is buried in Eckington churchyard,he was very well known in the solo and sidecar fraternity.

I seem to remember him passengering for Charlie Freeman. He also raced the PATON [dohc twin] for a while. It was in his wifes posession when he was killed. It was a much sought after machine, I think Bill Smith was after it at the time. It would have been quite valuable even then, worth a FORTUNE now !!!!