Help black screen

Hope someone can help was using an acer aspire 6039g,all I have is a black screen and the cursor,it is not reponding to anything :help::help::help::confused:

Hi, could you give us a bit more information, when does this black screen happens? When you start the laptop or in the middle of the process?

What is your O/S? (W7 - XP - Vista..ect)

Did you get any error messages at all? Have you tried system recovery/restore? You can start your laptop and keep pressing F8 - which should give you options, start your laptop with SAFE MODE and once you see your desktop, go to START button, RUN, type: MSCONFIG and press ENTER, you should see small window with some tabs, go to START-UP menu and click to DISABLE ALL , APPLY and RESTART your laptop...

Let us know how you getting on...

Hi

I am using windows vista,I can switch on ok,start in safe mode,a list of things loaded come up then it stops,black screen and cursor.

hope this helps :loopy:

Hi, could you give us a bit more information, when does this black screen happens? When you start the laptop or in the middle of the process?

What is your O/S? (W7 - XP - Vista..ect)

Did you get any error messages at all? Have you tried system recovery/restore? You can start your laptop and keep pressing F8 - which should give you options, start your laptop with SAFE MODE and once you see your desktop, go to START button, RUN, type: MSCONFIG and press ENTER, you should see small window with some tabs, go to START-UP menu and click to DISABLE ALL , APPLY and RESTART your laptop...

Let us know how you getting on...

Hi

I am using windows vista,I can switch on ok,start in safe mode,a list of things loaded come up then it stops,black screen and cursor.

hope this helps :loopy:

Not even getting to desktop :help:

Have you tried booting from the windows disk and doing a system restore? Also what was you doing before this happened have you installed something new recently?

Edit- Have a look here And if that does not worktry this second post

Edited by JarvisS8

Tried all these none of them work,put back up disk in and still nothing.

still black screen and cursor. :loopy::loopy::loopy:

When you put in the boot disk, make sure that you are pressing boot from CD, it should be an option when your computer is doing a system check. If it is getting past the system check then I doubt it is a hardware issue. Unless it is a bad sector on your HDD. A full format might be needed, instead of just a restore.

From your description it sounds like Windows is not fully loading or is corrupted. This could be caused by faulty software or a hard drive fault. Firstly I would try reinstalling windows from a setup disk. If this does not fix it then maybe it is a faulty hard drive or some other hardware fault. If all else fails you might like to try a laptop repairer eg http://www.trilogicuk.co.uk who may be able to help.

I've done it already :) It was a corrupted system + malware infected whole thing. Used Ubuntu to make a safe back-up and then Took it back to factory settings...all done now, Suenjill will have it back today. Let see what they say...

Wow weeeeeeeeeeeee wot a nice guy !

Very impressed, you really know your stuff.

Thank you for your time and expert guidance.

You are a star.

If any of you forumer's need help MoZaLaN is your man.

Great business at a great price and aftercare too.:clap::clap::clap::clap: