What ever happened to childrens telly!!

Childrens telly is still going strong just try getting up at 3-4 in the morning its nothing but that

It wasn't a figment of your imagination. I think it was on Children's Hour which started at 5 o'clock Monday to Friday.

Watch with Mother used to be on in the afternoons about 2 o'clock. The schedule was:

Monday.......Picture Book

Tuesday......Andy Pandy

Wednesday..Bill and Ben

Thursday.....Rag, Tag and Bobtail

Friday.........The Woodentops

I seem to think that The Woodentops was a later addition but I can't remember what preceded it. Muffin the Mule perhaps?

All this was when there was only one channel.

Didn't they call it watch with mother? I remember muffin the mule but thought he was one of the picture book stories but could be wrong. Oh the joys of childhood. The young these days don't know what they are missing lol

Bloomin' heck - Muffin the Mule. I'd almost forgotten.

Of course I'm not really that old....:o

Thunderbirds,fireball xl5,stingray,Dr who,follyfoot and the dutch robinson crusoe with the haunting theme tune!!

Does anyone remember "Whirligig" in the early fifties with Humphrey Lestock (HL) and Mexican Pete. None of my friends do - have I imagined it all?

No 1066 you've not imagined it, it did exist. Billy Bean who built a Funny Machine was another character on that programme. His friend was called Yoo-Hoo the cuckoo. First broadcast in 1953. I still remember the signature tune and the opening few lines of the song associated with the programme. Funny how some things stick, isn't it?

Edited by echo beach