Chinese Students!

Big question

how many come and study in sheffield and never go back.yes they do bring lots of funds to to uni but when people are working illegaly and not pay tax etc.is taking jobs from people that could be working and not on dss and costing gov millions.its all over the country.good on those that come and study and go back to there own country asap.

:hihi::hihi::hihi: yes pay fortunes to study here up front, in advanced science and engineering degrees etc, then stay illegally and find jobs in those areas, somehow getting away with it in vast numbers.... LOL.

This u? http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/011/129/RT.jpg

Also if those students who come out with these degrees do decide to stay in the UK (legally-which pretty much all those who stay are!) thats way better for us, otherwise we are training people up to take those skills back home, leaving our country way behind in certain sectors.

Better to keep the geniuses here don't you think??

Edited by drummer54as

That's pretty weak and prejudiced dude. Besides, I was answering the last thread about the Chinese taking photo's while they were here. What's that got to do with employment. Besides, a Taiwanese friend told me last week that Chinese student would rather get their degree in America, because it's more prestigious.

Oh, and regarding your employment argument. If a Chinese person who's first language isn't British gets a job over and above a British Citizen, then that British Citizen needs to be asking themselves some serious questions about their ability to do the job in question, their work history, and their attitude.

And if a Chinese person gains employment and doesn't have their tax, etc immediately deducted from their wage before they get it, then that is the employers fault, not the employee.

I used to work for the DSS between 1993 and 1995.

When they finish building China Town near London Road, I expect you won't be going down there to mingle with the Chinese then. I don't know Mr. Degree Man, you could ask them for a job waiting tables, and do they have arrangements where you don't have to pay tax. After all, that must be why the Chinese come here, so they can disrespect their parents who have paid for them to study here (and that's really expensive, more than we would pay to study here), and at the end of the Degree, or Phd or whatever they've studied years for. Go and work in a restaurant for 'minimum wage' and criminally not pay tax, just to bring that extra-shame on their family.

Chinese students are some of the politest people I've ever met. Very friendly.

If a Chinese person who's first language isn't British

Perhaps you had a point, perhaps not, but I stopped reading after this....:huh:

They append lot's of money in the local shops

You're right Revel, Chinese students are very polite, there's a lot that us British can learn from their social culture.

Perhaps you had a point, perhaps not, but I stopped reading after this....:huh:

I can honestly say that it was a wise choice.

That's pretty weak and prejudiced dude. Besides, I was answering the last thread about the Chinese taking photo's while they were here. What's that got to do with employment. Besides, a Taiwanese friend told me last week that Chinese student would rather get their degree in America, because it's more prestigious.

Oh, and regarding your employment argument. If a Chinese person who's first language isn't British gets a job over and above a British Citizen, then that British Citizen needs to be asking themselves some serious questions about their ability to do the job in question, their work history, and their attitude.

And if a Chinese person gains employment and doesn't have their tax, etc immediately deducted from their wage before they get it, then that is the employers fault, not the employee.

I used to work for the DSS between 1993 and 1995.

When they finish building China Town near London Road, I expect you won't be going down there to mingle with the Chinese then. I don't know Mr. Degree Man, you could ask them for a job waiting tables, and do they have arrangements where you don't have to pay tax. After all, that must be why the Chinese come here, so they can disrespect their parents who have paid for them to study here (and that's really expensive, more than we would pay to study here), and at the end of the Degree, or Phd or whatever they've studied years for. Go and work in a restaurant for 'minimum wage' and criminally not pay tax, just to bring that extra-shame on their family.

You know that comment about photo taking was from 2011 right?

Overseas students pay the full cost of their tuition and are usually the most talented from their country ( but there are exceptions )

Mike

What? Having the money to be educated overseas does not mean you are the most talented. It just means you have the opportunity and in most cases is paid for by someone else. You're confusing privilege with talent.

You're right Revel, Chinese students are very polite, there's a lot that us British can learn from their social culture.

People in China generally seem to be very rude, or at least enough of them to see it that way as a tourist.

I noticed yesterday a whole huge poster for After dark had been hung outside western park in Chinese language.

I see a lot near Broad Lane at lunchtime but is that part of Hallam Uni?

I must admit though they seem to be quite poor at crossing roads :huh:

They will probably be students from the University of Sheffield International College.

Just noticed this is a post from 2011 - was going to delete my reply but can't find out how.

Edited by growup