Chinese Students!

is it just me or does there seem to be a high volume of Chinesse in sheffield at the minute? nothing against them (before you start) just find it strange.

The Chinese students usually come to study during the summer time. They stay in the now

empty halls of residence.

Not as much as there are Indian students! I have actually noticed that alot of indian students speak better english then some english people I know.

The Chinese students usually come to study during the summer time. They stay in the now

empty halls of residence.

They seem all over the place. I see loads around the flats near the Dev` Cat pub and the flats near Corperation Nightclub

A lot arrive in summer for English language courses. During the normal academic year Chinese and other overseas students try to get into the best universities they can. Sheffield is one of the best in the country so it's at or near the top of the list if they can't get into Oxbridge, UCL, LSE, Imperial, Port Talbot, etc. A lot of student accomodation is round Devonshire Green.

A lot arrive in summer for English language courses. During the normal academic year Chinese and other overseas students try to get into the best universities they can. Sheffield is one of the best in the country so it's at or near the top of the list if they can't get into Oxbridge, UCL, LSE, Imperial, Port Talbot, etc. A lot of student accomodation is round Devonshire Green.

Interesting

They come to Sheffield early to help them integrate into the English culture. They go on trips to chatsworth and York etc

They come to Sheffield early to help them integrate into the English culture. They go on trips to chatsworth and York etc

I once saw a group of about 5 at Moolands Carvey last year and thought it seemed funny seeing them there, but suppose its only the same as us going to a chinesse restaurant

I once saw a group of about 5 at Moolands Carvey last year and thought it seemed funny seeing them there, but suppose its only the same as us going to a chinesse restaurant

And hopefully to raise the average IQ of the inhabitants, if only for a short time. :rolleyes:

I bump into these guys regularly when I'm in The Peak District National Park, they are so polite and gentle, it's just a pity about their cruel and oppressive government. :(

Overseas students pay the full cost of their tuition and are usually the most talented from their country ( but there are exceptions )

Mike