Wards beer.. still around in Sheffield?

Anyone know where in sheffield i can still buy a pint of wards?

I realise its brewed else where etc but still...

As far as I'm aware, you can only get it at the Sheaf Island wetherspoons at the former Wards Brewery site. It's brewed in Sunderland now I believe. Andy C will know for sure though.

and I wouldn't reckon on it tasting owt like the proper stuff used to. I think the only similar thing is the name.

can still get it in Handsworth social club and think it's also in Benjamin Huntsman which is another wetherspoons

Red Lion opposite the Roebuck had it on draft last time I went in, as did the Arundel Club on City Road

I think Henry's in town sell it.

Morrisons do bottles mate

Lots of working mens clubs in Sheffield and district sell Wards, and a few pubs. It is supposedly brewed to the same recipe as the old Wards beer but it doesn't taste like it. One of the reasons being that it is now brewed by Robinsons in Manchester and the water is different to Sheffield water. I think it's quite a decent pint though.

There are other beers that don't taste the same as they used to because the brewing has been moved to other parts of the country. For example Stones bitter and Gold Label (barley wine). I'm sure that people in other parts of the country will say the same if one of their local brews is now made somewhere else.

i remember wards in the 80's, or waaards as it was called was one of those very trumpy beers! it actually smelled like farts and so did you after a few!

Where's henrys?

What were the wards pubs like before they sold of to the likes of punch etc

?