Ray of Hope support group

Hi! My son has been to Ryegate and diagnosed ADHD....still have a little further to go with it, associated comorbidities etc.

Anyhow, I read about the Ray of Hope support group for special needs children and their parents in the North of Sheffield. I checked out the website and registered but have heard nothing from them. Supposedly a link should be sent for me to confirm my email address - I have tried twice, and definately with the correct email address, and there is nothing in my spam folder.

Does anyone know how active the site is? Is there anyone I can contact to get registered? Or does anyone know of any other groups? Could really use some help right now! :cry:

Many thanks

Edited by rach0106

Hi my best friend is chair of this support group, i also am a member and have a 17 yr old daughter with aspergers syndrome x Her name it sue robinson and her mobile contact no is 07948528735 or jayne raynor is the project manager and her contact details are 07961776794 or 0114 2490797. Give either of em a ring and they will let you know what we do and details of forthcoming meetings, outings coffee mornings etc x sorry no one has got back to you? i should mention this while you speak to em. We are a very friendly bunch and I for one wouldnt know what i would do without their help and support x

Hi Rachael,

Please accept my apologies for not replying sooner, I am pleased to inform you that I have just verified your address and you should be able to access the website now.

We used to have an automatic verification system but the site was targeted by spammers therefore we've reverted to a manual system. (Just to give you an idea of the problem 6 out of the last 150 requests are genuine whilst the other 144 were Russian spam bots.)

I'm afraid the website has been on the back burner for a while as we have been so busy, as well as having our usual coffee mornings with guest speakers we've also recently taken the kids paint balling and this weekend we're fund raising on Saturday and going to the Waddington airshow on Sunday so it's all rather hectic.

I'd be delighted to talk to you about the Ray of Hope, please feel free to give me a ring anytime on the telephone numbers Aldam2 has already posted.

Jayne Raynor.

Project manager.

Thank you both so much, sorry it's taken a while to get back to you.

Jayne, I would be very interested to speak with you, and perhaps come along sometime with my son.

Rachael x

Rachael

Sure you'd be made welcome - you are probably best giving jayne a call as we are currently busy doing teddy tombolas and starting with the summer activities and wont be having our regular meeting until after the summer holidays, if you ring her maybe you could come to some activities during the holidays.

I have a friend who's a member of the group,its well worth getting in touch with them if you need the support,

Nice one people !

JJ..:)