Community care grant home visit

I HAVE JUST HAD A CALL ABOUT MY CCG APPLICATION AND APPARENTLY THEY WANT TO DO A HOME VISIT JUST TO CHECK A FEW THINGS... IS THIS NORMAL?

:confused:

Yes it's normal to ensure you have/ get the right support and equipment

This totally normal they don't justvmake sure you get the right support and equipment it's also to check your not swinging the lead,harsh I know but unfortunately it has to be done these days.

I had a visit and could CLEARLY see i hardly had ANYTHING but i didnt get the grant. =\ I have a 3yr old and have no bedding etc so i appealed..... Still not made a desision yet.

The selection process they use is a mystery to me, I've been in the same boat as you but didn't apeal and ended up lending the money from a loan shark which landed me in a whole lot of trouble( I don't recommend anyone doing that) any way they tend to please their selves and usually it's the ones in genuine need that end up loosing out and the ones that just apply because they can that get the grants. I hope you succeed where I failed. Good luck to you and if there's the remotest chance I can be of assistance to you please let me know. Ie:- advice etc.

Yours symon

it just riles me when they can see how desperate people are.. if i do get it after an appeal i will let you know and tell you what they said etc. Sorry to hear about you and the loan shark> ia m avoiding thm at all costs. =\