Signing up; Charity Badminton - Extra sessions

Hi All,

To build up to our big charity marathon later in the year we will be holding additional sessions of badminton which may also tie into club nights.

This will be a good opportunity for everyone wanting to get involved to really get a good idea of what length of time you will want/be able to play for on the day. (you can choose what length of time you want to play for, more details to follow as they are confirmed)

We are aiming for extended sessions starting at around 3 hours, and building up throughout the summer. This will also help in you showing your worth when collecting sponsors for your efforts!!! :)

Due to the planning of the event still in process, the event date is yet to be confirmed, but is looking like the end of October. We'll keep you informed. Please bear in mind there will be a set amount of people able to compete in this due to the potential venue size. So your participation in these extra sessions will help book your place on the day - as would a big amount of sponsorship!

Allan & Alastair are your charity champions on this one, so please come and see us anytime on club nights with any questions.

Alastair will post the first session when the booking is confirmed...

Good luck all and thanks for the support.

Please sign up here additional to the usual thread to confirm your attendance - this is important to ensure we get the right amount of courts and obviously we need to control costs.

Edited by alko27

Hi all,

1st training session in the build up to the badmintonathon / badmintathon (which reads best?) is on Tuesday 5th July at Ponds Forge.

I've booked one court to run from 6:30pm this Tuesday coming so this should allow for around 3 hours of almost continuous play through to the end of the normal social evening session at 9:30pm.

Can those interested in building up their stamina for the charity event in October reply to this thread so we can guage numbers?

Thanks, and see you on Tuesday.

Alastair

Hi

I'm interested in the Badmintathon but can't make this Tuesday, i will attend future stamina sessions though! Looking forward to it.

Cheers

Kate Morris

Hi Al

Don't think I can do the badmintonathon but I will come as early as I can Tuesday for support!!!

Any extra badminton time is good!

Celine

up for :) see you at 6:30 x

Sign me up for this Tuesday's extended session.

Cheers,

Rob.

Will be up for this but not for this tues as the elbows still healing

Sign me up for the early start

Sign me up please.

Cheers,

Jarek

Hi

I'll sign. Think I mentioned I am more than happy to help out with this and can come down tue.

Ben

Damn it! I can't make these for the foreseeable future due to a prior commitment! Gutted :-( I will work on my stamina in my own time

can i come tonight for *badmintonathon hope i'm not yet too late.