Can I buy Gelish nail products?

hang on if its a trusted seller and its genuine as ur cousin and her colleagues say then why doesnt ur cousin and her colleagues use it in the salon then if its trusted and they kno its real??? could it be because its not real and they cant trust it not to do damage because if something happened to a client then there insurance could b void? dont make sense if this was the case every nail tech would b doing this rather then buying from nail harmony?! we buy from nh as we know what we are buying is real!

like i said use what u want on urself u dont know what goes in the product to make it therefore u dont know if its real? just very irresponsible to promote buyong this type of product from ebay!

hang on if its a trusted seller and its genuine as ur cousin and her colleagues say then why doesnt ur cousin and her colleagues use it in the salon then if its trusted and they kno its real??? could it be because its not real and they cant trust it not to do damage because if something happened to a client then there insurance could b void? dont make sense if this was the case every nail tech would b doing this rather then buying from nail harmony?! we buy from nh as we know what we are buying is real!

like i said use what u want on urself u dont know what goes in the product to make it therefore u dont know if its real? just very irresponsible to promote buyong this type of product from ebay!

If your going to reply at least read it properly, as already said, they get it cheaper in bulk elsewhere :roll: which now makes your post void. Asfor being irresponsible, not all all. Nearly every single product and most sellers in the world will have reviews on google, websites, feedback etc..: thats how companies become reputable by reviews.

Edited by iphonelover

yeah i meant to mention that would love to kno which warehouse this is!? as the real gelish products only ever go on offer for bulk altho 3 for 2 isnt exactly bulk or special offer if Nail Harmony do an offer at the same time or just before a warehouse with a contract with them and my understanding by nail harmony themselves is that sallys are the only warehouse suppliers that have got a contract with nail harmony to sell their gelish products and i go in sallys quite frequently and never come across discounts for bulk buying!?!? alot of forges are made on ebay of reviews lots of people self review to get people buying from them on ebay.

Edited by Nail_LAB

yeah i meant to mention that would love to kno which warehouse this is!? as the real gelish products only ever go on offer for bulk altho 3 for 2 isnt exactly bulk or special offer if Nail Harmony do an offer at the same time or just before a warehouse with a contract with them and my understanding by nail harmony themselves is that sallys are the only warehouse suppliers that have got a contract with nail harmony to sell their gelish products and i go in sallys quite frequently and never come across discounts for bulk buying!?!? alot of forges are made on ebay of reviews lots of people self review to get people buying from them on ebay.

Lots of reviews are, but when thousands of people review chances are its decent LOL

when a big salon is a chain of salons, chnces are they buy is massive bulk, not 3 for 2.

This new nail treatment seem to be putting many nail spas out of business in the US, customers have no need to go as often, I've noticed the dark, purple, green and blues seem popular.

I had Gelish nails done by a professional a couple of weeks ago. I'd never had them done before and was assured they would last two to three weeks. However, within a week every nail apart from the two thumbs had begun to peel off and looked tatty. Makes me wonder if they used fake products, perhaps? I'm no expert but I thought they should've lasted far longer than four or five days.

On the topic of a "non-professional" buying professional products online to try at home, I can't see any problem with it if she's only going to be experimenting on her own nails. I think it takes a very insecure "professional" to get so shirty about such things.

How else would people ever learn how to dye hair/ wax legs/ apply makeup and so on, unless they practiced on themselves? I can't really see any difference - surely home hair dye is potentially just as dangerous as nail products, yet thousands of people do that in their own bathrooms every day of the week. You just have to be sensible, read the instructions and be aware of the risks, right?

This is an old thread an I can still see it from both sides.

If you want to buy something of ebay to use on yourself you can no way guarentee that it is the real thing. Reviews or not you can't be certain. But if you are only using it on you and you are happy to take that risk then thats up to you.

Hair dyes are risky someone was hospitalised not so long back because they used one without a patch test and hair dressers would advise you to go to them but people still use them.

In my opinion if it is just for personal use as long as you know about the risk and you want to go ahead then do so but dont pretend to be a professional and use it on others. You have a responsibilty not to do so.

People will always DIY but people have a treatment from a proffesional to ensure it is done right, to prevent damage to their skin,nails or hair or whatever its for and to feel pampered. I've been guilty of trying things out on myself before I got trained just like I bet many others of you will have but only offer treatments I am trained in to the public

Lots of reviews are, but when thousands of people review chances are its decent LOL

when a big salon is a chain of salons, chnces are they buy is massive bulk, not 3 for 2.

Obviously there are going to be thousands of reviews by people who buy the product becuase they cant via the professional channels, of course there going to say its good but how can they know if they've not used the real thing?

As stated before Nail harmony are the manufacturers of the product they design, produce and ship the product they have sub contracts with Sallys warehouse only, Nail Harmony do not offer deals on bulk orders whether its to salons, trade suppliers and/or mobile technicians the only time u get offers is when they put 3 for 2 offers on, the warehouses do not put offers on the harmoney in bulk buy as they would be out of pocket they can only offer 3 for 2 at the same time as harmony or just after. I know this as i've trained and still train with nail harmony I deal with the distributors for this area of the country directly and speak with the HO when ever i have questions or issues.

Like laura it has been a passion of doing my own nails in the past that has taken me down the route of doing what im doing now, i see no wrong in doing your nails urself as long as ur not advertising to do people u dont know.

All im merely trying to do is educate and explain something to someone and they flip it round and get defensive or just argue with u!

So i dont see the point on bothering anymore!

Edited by Nail_LAB

I had Gelish nails done by a professional a couple of weeks ago. I'd never had them done before and was assured they would last two to three weeks. However, within a week every nail apart from the two thumbs had begun to peel off and looked tatty. Makes me wonder if they used fake products, perhaps? I'm no expert but I thought they should've lasted far longer than four or five days.

On the topic of a "non-professional" buying professional products online to try at home, I can't see any problem with it if she's only going to be experimenting on her own nails. I think it takes a very insecure "professional" to get so shirty about such things. How else would people ever learn how to dye hair/ wax legs/ apply makeup and so on, unless they practiced on themselves? I can't really see any difference - surely home hair dye is potentially just as dangerous as nail products, yet thousands of people do that in their own bathrooms every day of the week. You just have to be sensible, read the instructions and be aware of the risks, right?

I've had clients who have only managed to have gelish on a few days but then i have clients who can keep it on for a month! its all dependant on the persons lifestyle and ensuring the client is doing there bit in aftercare if ur not following aftercare i.e cuticle oil, wearing gloves when using cleaning detergents and washing pots or gardening and avoiding being heavy handed, picking or biting at them then your going to have issues. Like hair everyones nails are different so gel polishes may not suit them? also if the product has been applied wrong that may cause issues too?! but its hard to pin point without having seen them.

The problem that you've got with doing nails urself (i.e gelish, enhancements) is that ur not fully aware of the contra indications (health and safety, hygiene, u need to know about nail anatomy what u should and shouldnt do as u can do so much damage and people done realise this, im more then sure Laura will back me up here, this is why we trained in what we do.)

But if someone wants to do it to themselves its non of my business and it would be very hypocritical of me to say u cant.

Edited by Nail_LAB

On the topic of a "non-professional" buying professional products online to try at home, I can't see any problem with it if she's only going to be experimenting on her own nails. I think it takes a very insecure "professional" to get so shirty about such things.

How else would people ever learn how to dye hair/ wax legs/ apply makeup and so on, unless they practiced on themselves? I can't really see any difference - surely home hair dye is potentially just as dangerous as nail products, yet thousands of people do that in their own bathrooms every day of the week. You just have to be sensible, read the instructions and be aware of the risks, right?

Some people will be able to keep it on longer than others just like normal nail varnish. Some days my normal varnish stays on 2-3 days sometimes its chipped in a couple of hours. Its durable to a certain degree but also everyones nails are different thats why gelish say 'will last up to......'

Hi iphonelover!

I have enjoyed reading your enquiry. I've had the gelish manicure twice and absolutely love it and I like you, am trying to investigate where I can purchase the whole kit from and it seems that I have gone through exactly the same process as you and then fell upon this forum. As you now have a supplier that you like and found to be reliable, I just wondered whether you would be willing to share the suppliers details. I have been hesitating but feel confident in making the purchase. I work a 50 hour week and don't have time to go to a salon. I therefore do my nails myself it's so much easier. I very much look forward to hearing from.......

Many thanks

i think because the items on ebay are from america they might have a different policy over there or outlet for these things. England seems to like making things "exclusive" a lot.

If you want a bash at something fun with nails there is this following website which i have bought from and it gives a very professional finish with ease:

http://www.konad.co.uk/cms/

think it worked out at about £16 for a double sided stamper, 1 stamp plate, a plate holder, a scraper to get rid of the excess nail polish and postage and packaging.

Konad are fab, OP have you ever tried water marbling?.