Not bad to say she makes money from the unemployed & disabled

Cant believe how much money she has made from getting disabled & unemployed back into work. any anyone who has come across her company knows its a terrible place to go to. and the bad news is they have won the "Work Programme" in many locations so she is going to double her personal wealth. why dont the DWP just use the provision which is free to them - Remploy. Rather than using a private money making company like A4e, because dont forget its the tax payers money they are spending. :huh:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1554186/Businesswomen-taking-over-millionaires-club.html

I was talking to someone about this today. Not only do they have a renewed contract they seem to have new powers to force people in to work trials. Even if the trial is nothing to do with that persons particular skill-set.

After all the complaints they received last time you would have thought they had more chance of plaiting urine than getting the new contract.

Remember how the banks make billions trading risk as a commodity and selling loans to people that had no hope of affording them? Totally morally bankrupt profit seeking and self serving, without a single thought for society and taking our money to stop them from losing everything...

Well, A4e is exactly the same, except the commodoties are vulnerable people needing real help and not a grinding, humiliating excuse for what pretends to be training and helping those it is contracted to support.

The whole organisation is run like a used car sales pitch, together with bloodsucking sales people, vile heronie worship (as part of company policy) and a profit maximising targets-led culture. It is truly obscene.

What wonderful entrepeneurs our region has raised, Simon-Renshaw Smith and Emma Harrison, we should be so proud of their business models, success and multi-millionaire status, all out of providing a wonderful service for their clients.

If only I could emulate their business models, were it not for one little thing standing in the way....

Edited by Darth Vader

outsourcing at its capitalist best. multi millionaires made off the back of the public purse for providing a service (average at best, a farce at worst) that was previously done by the govt.

still at least shes got thornbridge hall to fall back on if it all goes t*ts up :-)

outsourcing at its capitalist best. multi millionaires made off the back of the public purse for providing a service (average at best, a farce at worst) that was previously done by the govt.

still at least shes got thornbridge hall to fall back on if it all goes t*ts up :-)

Oh yes, and we get all the Tories bleeting about overpaid public workers (on a pittance), with their gold ( -plated) pensions!!!! Where are they now?

Oh yes, don't forget Thornbridge. Apparently Emma visited it as a child and the whole experience gave her something to aspire to, so much so, that she wanted to enjoy it all for herself, family, and friends. Oh well Sheffield children, at least you can visit the Mayfield centre, oh, sorry, that's closing isn't it? Maybe Emma will have some postcards printed of Thornbridge for Sheffield children to look at - will that be inspirational enough? Or maybe the closest they'll get is a pint of Thornbridge Ale on their 18th birthday, if they can afford it, in their non-job. Cheers.

Edited by Darth Vader

I have heard about this company from an associate who works for them they told me about the wastage of fruit and milk that is thrown out everydat,apparantly they cant estimate how many pints of milk they need or how much fruit they need so they order big quantities and most of it gets thrown in the bin,its a disgrace thats our money going to waste,and Im not just talking about 1 four pinta I am talking about 8-10 four pintas now someones not doing there job properly are they,maybe they should give the job to one of the unemployed people I am sure they will do a lot better job.

Oh yes, and we get all the Tories bleeting about overpaid public workers (on a pittance), with their gold ( -plated) pensions!!!! Where are they now?

Oh yes, don't forget Thornbridge. Apparently Emma visited it as a child and the whole experience gave her something to aspire to, so much so, that she wanted to enjoy it all for herself, family, and friends. Oh well Sheffield children, at least you can visit the Mayfield centre, oh, sorry, that's closing isn't it? Maybe Emma will have some postcards printed of Thornbridge for Sheffield children to look at - will that be inspirational enough? Or maybe the closest they'll get is a pint of Thornbridge Ale on their 18th birthday, if they can afford it, in their non-job. Cheers.

So is Thornbridge Hall closed to schools these days? I would hope not. I had the luck to stay there 4 times when growing up and have brilliant memories i will cherish forever. I wouldn't dream of buying the place and stopping other children missing out on those opportunities. In fact if i had her money i would rather buy the place and let kids use it for a very small amount, if not for free.

So is Thornbridge Hall closed to schools these days? I would hope not. I had the luck to stay there 4 times when growing up and have brilliant memories i will cherish forever. I wouldn't dream of buying the place and stopping other children missing out on those opportunities. In fact if i had her money i would rather buy the place and let kids use it for a very small amount, if not for free.

shes owned it for a couple of years. cant imagine shes spending her millions on it for the good of the common person in sheffield.

good luck to anyone who works hard and makes a few quid but the govt are literally forcing money into her pockets as fast as they can scoop it up. the company has a terrible reputation for the service it provides and is paid a mint for doing so.

I believe they may still be able to stay in the 'dorms' bit, but don't quote me, on that but as far as I know the 'inspirational' bits are now off limits.:(

So much for 'My House and Yours, my friend'. Remember this? I do. That inscription alone impressed me more than anything in the house, to be honest.

Edited by Darth Vader

I was lucky enough to stay in the hall twice, the south lodge once and the dorms. The place is too magical to hide it away for personal use.

Anyway. That's enough from me about Thornbridge. Back on topic as they say.

I was lucky enough to stay in the hall twice, the south lodge once and the dorms. The place is too magical to hide it away for personal use.

Anyway. That's enough from me about Thornbridge. Back on topic as they say.

I'm sure what made it magical, was the amount of 'open-mouthed' inner-city school kids going through the doors.