Dangerous Idiot Driver - Ecclesall Road 8th Nov 05

i do feel they should be banned in urban areas, not changing that note.

true we are off topic, back on thread please

Lots of mini-Hitlers on this thread!

Who cares what kind of car people drive to do whatever they want. Unless you are paying their bills, why should you be bothered? The main concern is, when they bring out x,y,z type of vehicle on the road, that they are CAPABLE of driving it. Thats not the vehicles fault, its the half-arsed drivers in them.

Its not Porsche, Mercedes, BMW, Ford, or any 4x4 models at fault - its the idiots behind the wheel who don't know how to drive them.

Originally posted by Strix

Oh? do you know anything about perspective and vanishing points?

I don't want to cause a flame war or anything, but gpsy did state that the photo had been cropped. What on earth is the point of this little tirade?

Originally posted by 1Man&hisBMW

Who cares what kind of car people drive to do whatever they want.

So your not bothered that I absolutely love Rovers and think BMWs are complete trash ;)

Originally posted by hotphil

I thought anyone could access registered vehicle owner details from the DVLA? Just have to pay a small fee and present them with a "valid" reason and I'd have thought a possible complaint to Police would be considered valid? You don't have to break the DPA at all.

And I don't think it would be the accesser of the data that could be prosecuted - rather the data owner for allowing access.

Yes plus there other 'websites' that give this information for a fee, reason or otherwise......its common knowledge.....and not 'classified' at all.....

Originally posted by goldenfleece

Yes plus there other 'websites' that give this information for a fee, reason or otherwise......its common knowledge.....and not 'classified' at all.....

can you provide a link to such a website, otherwise i'll take that with a pinch of salt.

Only the DVLA has access to the information and it only gives it out for specific reasons.

A DVLA employee was sent to prison recently for giving out information they shouldn't have which was used to target employees of a guinea pig farm by animal rights activists.

Originally posted by 1Man&hisBMW

Lots of mini-Hitlers on this thread!

Who cares what kind of car people drive to do whatever they want. Unless you are paying their bills, why should you be bothered? The main concern is, when they bring out x,y,z type of vehicle on the road, that they are CAPABLE of driving it. Thats not the vehicles fault, its the half-arsed drivers in them.

Its not Porsche, Mercedes, BMW, Ford, or any 4x4 models at fault - its the idiots behind the wheel who don't know how to drive them.

well, when the type of vehicle they drive has an impact, ie greater pollution/congestion/danger then surely people have a right to care to some extent.

Even the best drivers are sometimes involved in accidents through no fault of their own, but a 4*4 in an accident is more dangerous to everyone except the occupant than a normal saloon or even sports car would have been.

Originally posted by Skatiechik

So your not bothered that I absolutely love Rovers and think BMWs are complete trash ;)

No, but I guess there is no accounting for poor taste in transport either. If people like driving around in tin cans, so what :)

Originally posted by Cyclone

well, when the type of vehicle they drive has an impact, ie greater pollution/congestion/danger then surely people have a right to care to some extent.

Even the best drivers are sometimes involved in accidents through no fault of their own, but a 4*4 in an accident is more dangerous to everyone except the occupant than a normal saloon or even sports car would have been.

We are talking about irresponsible driving though, not the environmental aspect.

I agree, you can be the best driver in the world and still have an accident. Being in a 4x4 arguably is safer then a normal saloon or sports car, only due to its build size and weight. Sports cars can be equally as dangerous when they are capable of hitting high speeds very quickly.

The problem as I pointed out before is that these vehicles when being driven by people who are not experienced enough are what cause a problem. A person in a 4x4 driving badly at road speed, compared with a personal driving badly as speed in a sports car - theres little to choose between them for me.

Originally posted by Cyclone

There are no laws to say you cant drive a 4x4 on the road, they meet all the regulations to qualify them as road legal, so I fail to see why 4x4 driver bashing is so popular. They are doing absolutely nothing wrong.

If you have strong feelings about the negative aspects of driving a 4x4, would it not be more prudent to campaign the law and regulation makers, rather than the car owners who at the moment are guilty of nothing more than choosing from the large selection of vehicle types allowed?

As for the accident argument, a car is bigger than a bike, a van is bigger than a car, a lorry is bigger than a van. What exactly was the point there?

Originally posted by floyd77

There are no laws to say you cant drive a 4x4 on the road, they meet all the regulations to qualify them as road legal, so I fail to see why 4x4 driver bashing is so popular. They are doing absolutely nothing wrong.

If you have strong feelings about the negative aspects of driving a 4x4, would it not be more prudent to campaign the law and regulation makers, rather than the car owners who at the moment are guilty of nothing more than choosing from the large selection of vehicle types allowed?

As for the accident argument, a car is bigger than a bike, a van is bigger than a car, a lorry is bigger than a van. What exactly was the point there?

Absolutely spot on... I think that should be the end of this pointless debate :rolleyes:

It makes no difference what the person drives as long as it's road legal and they are driving it within the law.

The person could have been driving anything, I would have still thought her driving to be illegal, dangerous and stupid!

There are some who don't appear to like 4x4 drivers, but I have no problem with them.