Dangerous Idiot Driver - Ecclesall Road 8th Nov 05

Originally posted by sheffbag

Not really - i have attachments like that on my car (citreon ZX) but it has never towed a caravan, horse box or even an elderly relative in a bath tub!

There is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON for 4x4's in urban areas, they are a play toy for people with more money than sense who want to be seen

"look at me i drive a 4x4 therefore i am higher up than and can look down on you"

sorry guys but if you are off road or in the country fair enough but in urban areas they should be banned.

Strange how the owner can afford a 4x4 but not a handsfree kit?

Let's not turn this into a 4x4 debate thread eh?

Not really - i have attachments like that on my car (citreon ZX) but it has never towed a caravan, horse box or even an elderly relative in a bath tub!

There is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON for 4x4's in urban areas, they are a play toy for people with more money than sense who want to be seen

"look at me i drive a 4x4 therefore i am higher up than and can look down on you"

sorry guys but if you are off road or in the country fair enough but in urban areas they should be banned.

Strange how the owner can afford a 4x4 but not a handsfree kit?

dont agree with 4x4 argument. but the number of women & young drivers not using handsfree still astounds me.

for godsake get a kit fitted. mine cost £25 plus £30 to get it professionally fitted. not cheap (but cheaper than a fine)but then again it is a proper car kit not just a magnetic thingy.

Originally posted by transporter

for godsake get a kit fitted. mine cost £25 plus £30 to get it professionally fitted. not cheap (but cheaper than a fine)but then again it is a proper car kit not just a magnetic thingy.

Correct! Failing that, most phones these days have a speakerphone which will do the trick just fine.

Give me the full number plate I can find the registered keepers address online in about 30 seconds...I have access to certain databases online and would be happy to pass on their contact details to the starter of this thread........data protection act or otherwise.....cretins like her need to be BANNED FROM DRIVING FOR LIFE

Originally posted by goldenfleece

Give me the full number plate I can find the registered keepers address online in about 30 seconds...I have access to certain databases online and would be happy to pass on their contact details to the starter of this thread........

And I am sure the owner of the car will be quite happy to prosecute you for disregarding the data protection act.

Originally posted by Skatiechik

And I am sure the owner of the car will be quite happy to prosecute you for disregarding the data protection act.

If it gets her off the road, tell her will happily see her in Court...

Originally posted by goldenfleece

If it gets her off the road, tell her will happily see her in Court...

Like someone else mentioned, you can lodge a complaint but until there is proof or witnesses of this woman driving wrecklessly and using a mobile phone, NOTHING will be done about it.

On the contrary, there is proof on this forum of you offering to help someone and thus disregarding data protection.

Think you should have sent a PM mate :rolleyes:

I thought anyone could access registered vehicle owner details from the DVLA? Just have to pay a small fee and present them with a "valid" reason and I'd have thought a possible complaint to Police would be considered valid? You don't have to break the DPA at all.

And I don't think it would be the accesser of the data that could be prosecuted - rather the data owner for allowing access.

Originally posted by twichibi

Sense a bit of jealousy here Sheffbag??? Are you trying to say in one way or another that all accidents/incidents are caused by people driving 4x4's?? Or are you trying to say that everyone who drives a 4x4 is a bad driver? Why shouldn't people be able to drive what they want? My dad has got a Nissan X-Trail, he decided to buy a 4x4 because he prefers the driving position not to mention his back problems, not so he can look down on other drivers :loopy:

Jealousy? will ignore that as i am happy with my little citreon and it gets me and my family around with no problem

all accidents caused by 4x4 drivers - where did i say that?

All 4x4 drivers are bad - where did i say that

My point is that 4x4 were originally designed to be off road vehicles and that is where they should be used, not to ferry Mrs howty towty's kids to the school less than 200 yards away (and i have seen this happen at my daughters school - before you ask, no the parent doesnt work. no she has no other children, yes she drives back 200 yds after and parks up) or to go to the shops.

To me 4x4's are a car that has its usefulness but it seems to have been taken over by the "mumsy" brigade who feel they have to have one so they can show it off to their friends. Case in point been - if a mother (or father lets not be sexist here) takes the kids on the school run and gets a new shogun or whatever else ( i use shogun as i believe it is the most popular but no doubt someone will go research it and post to prove me wrong - your choice if you do but its the example im using)

Then i can just about be certain that within a month there will be at least 2 more making an appearance.

With regard to your father i do not wish to be drawn into individual cases and will not discuss personal things here as that is not right.

My opinion - im entitled to it as you are to yours such is the beauty of a forum!

all accidents caused by 4x4 drivers - where did i say that?

All 4x4 drivers are bad - where did i say that

Please read again what I said (Are you trying to say...). Do you feel the same way about Ferrari's, Porsche's and the likes?? Should they stick to redundant airport runways where they can actually get somewhere near the speed they are DESIGNED to reach.

Should so called 'Family Cars' only be used for your family??

I could go on forever. The point is, although certain types of cars are designed for certain places/people/lifestyles, it doesn't mean that that's what they should be solely used for and nothing else

If someone bought a porsche or a ferrari and only used it to do a school run or nip to the shops what would your opinion be of that?

Whilst i agree that people can drive what they like i just feel that 4x4's have become a "badge" for people and that they are not suited for urban traffic.

Changing your note now from when you said they should be banned!!!

If someone bought a porsche or a ferrari and only used it to do a school run or nip to the shops what would your opinion be of that?

I wouldn't go as far as saying it should be banned, but yes, i'd think it was stupid because I'm a lover of fast cars and for that type of use it would be a complete waste of pure genious manufacturing and design.

Anyway... enough of this debate now, we've flown completely off the subject in to no mans land!!!:rolleyes: