Dangerous Idiot Driver - Ecclesall Road 8th Nov 05

I never said he was a Policeman! My point was (maybe a little far fetched) was how he thought that, just because it was a woman, there was nothing he could have done even though this woman was more than capable (as is any man) of running a dozen or so people over and not even noticing.

I suppose it just hits a nerve the way people act when its a WOMAN! I would never hit, punch or lay a single finger on a woman or a man. I would restrain or confront them if need be though.

Originally posted by mattymoo

I never said he was a Policeman! My point was (maybe a little far fetched) was how he thought that, just because it was a woman, there was nothing he could have done even though this woman was more than capable (as is any man) of running a dozen or so people over and not even noticing.

I suppose it just hits a nerve the way people act when its a WOMAN! I would never hit, punch or lay a single finger on a woman or a man. I would restrain or confront them if need be though.

I never said there wasn't anything I could do because it was a woman, I just pointed out that I didn't confront her because it was a woman and gave good reason for it too.

Yes I could have insisted that my passenger keep on hold with the Police to report this appauling driver, but it was their choice not to.

I think one of the issues here is that 4x4 vehicles are too often used for the school run and by men who try to "own the road".

Most urban 4x4s are too big for Sheffield Roads and most are driven by people who have no idea how to Park. Ken Livingstone calls them "Chelsea Tractors". They would be fine for an off road vehicle but are driven by non drivers because it makes them feel safer. What about the rest of us though.

Join the campaign!

(I am female and my kids walk to school before anyone starts:clap: )

Originally posted by Dizzyblonde

Join the campaign!

(I am female and my kids walk to school before anyone starts:clap: )

I do have a dislike of 4x4s and I am wary (or more-so) when driving behind or near them.

As long as they're driven by safe, competent drivers there shouldn't be a problem.

Thankfully these kind of drivers are the exception rather than the norm.

I don't have a problem with 4x4 vehicles on the road, I do have a problem with people that drive like this woman though when they have no care for anyone's safety and the arrogance to put their phone call as a higher importance than the lives of two small children!

That's disgusting and this person should be ashamed. If it weren't for the mother of those to kids this woman would now be in a lot of trouble and that family would be mourning the loss of two kids. Would she have even noticed or cared? Who knows, but was the phone call really worth it?

I just hope that she falls foul of the Police. They often have a bike running up and down Ecclesall Road and hopefuly he will catch this person before she does kill someone.

Originally posted by gpsy

Who knows, but was the phone call really worth it?

If it was that important surely it makes more sense to park up then talk!

Originally posted by IanMitchell

If it was that important surely it makes more sense to park up then talk!

Exactly. Instead this person chose to carry on driving, and while doing more than 30mph too.

As a result of this she nearly collided with my car and then nearly knocked down two children on a cross with they had a green man signal and she had a red light.

No call that I can think of is worth that.

Originally posted by Dizzyblonde

I think one of the issues here is that 4x4 vehicles are too often used for the school run and by men who try to "own the road".

Typical. Just because someone creates a thread about someone nearly killing a few people who just so happened to be a woman, you have to single out men for being the problem.

There are plenty of men and women who drive 4x4's so don't just single out one particular sex.:loopy:

You gotta admit though, it is mostly women driving these 4x4s. Its just like when women started waring trousers. They are trying to make a statment or what ever. But the message I get from it is "I cant drive proply!"

BTW, why should it stop you with her being a woman?

Originally posted by DeathAxe

You gotta admit though, it is mostly women driving these 4x4s. Its just like when women started waring trousers. They are trying to make a statment or what ever. But the message I get from it is "I cant drive proply!"

That's shocking. I am sure woman don't wear trousers to make a statement, what era do you think this is??

Originally posted by DeathAxe

BTW, why should it stop you with her being a woman?

Read my posts, I have replied to this already.

Originally posted by mattymoo

Just a question. How would you restrain them without laying a finger on them???