Dangerous Idiot Driver - Ecclesall Road 8th Nov 05

I was travelling down Broccobank Road this lunch time towards Hunters Bar roundabout and was about half way around the roundabout when some stupid woman pulls straight out in front of me without even looking from Ecclesall Road in her 4x4 on the phone!

I had to actually stop on the roundabout by carrying out an emergency stop. She didn't look before entering the roundabout and like I said, she was on the phone!!

I was furious and beeped at her as did the person behind me that nearly went in to the back of me. I then carried on and turned off the roundabout to go up Ecclesall road in the same direction she was (coincidence, not following).

I then saw her drive straight through a red light at the crossing just off the roundabout, STILL ON THE PHONE and at quite a speed too!!! (This wasn't just turning red, it had been red for some time and people were crossing)

There were two young children crossing the road towards the middle part of the crossing, heading towards the park and luckily their terrified mother pulled them back before they were killed by the stupid cow in the vehicle.

I was outraged. Firstly she comes close to causing my passenger and myself serious injury and then continues to nearly kill to small children that would by now be dead if their mother hadn't have grabbed them. She looked to be distraught and quite rightly so, following this stupid cows actions. I sat at the red light and got my passenger to use my phone to take a photo of the vehicle in question which I have pasted a link to below (I have blanked out part of the number pate Mods so as to not cause any problems).

I have posted the photo so that if others see this vehicle they can watch out for her, not in some petty revenge attack.

If this had been a bloke I would have considered following him and having a good go at him, but as it was a woman I couldn't really do to much. My passenger called the Police to make a complaint against her, but was on hold for just under 10 minutes and hung up.

This woman today nearly caused the deaths of two small children, not to mention nearly injured (or worse) me and my passenger in my car. Her driving was nothing short of dangerous and stupid and her use of the mobile phone while doing this showed she had no care for other road users or the children she nearly killed.

I hope the person that drove that vehicle reads this and realises how stupid you have been before you do actually kill someone. Was the call really worth it? Why drive like that, especially on a road like Ecclesall Road and near a park with kids quite eager to cross to the park?

I am sure she ruined their day and shook the mother up badly too, but it could have been worse. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE think if you are the person that did this and learn to drive correctly and without using your mobile phone.

idiot.jpg

I hope you perservere and report her to the police, she needs at least to be warned by the police for that kind of driving.

Do report her , I have 3 young kids and am a learner driver people like this terrify me.Idiots like that shouldn't have a licence, how would any of us feel if she went on to kill someone close to us.The police are crap, and will proberbly tell you theres nothing they can do, but at least you can be sure that you've done as much as you can.By the way , I looked at the photo, it says click to enlarge, but doesn't work.

Very interesting rant - and I quite agree, but that photo is taken from the driver's side is it not? ;)

Pot? kettle? black?

You'd have looked well if she'd slammed on her anchors whilst you were fiddling with your phone and run into the back of her :suspect:

PS - If I spot this vehicle parked, I will quite happily let her tyres down for you :thumbsup:

Originally posted by gpsy

I was travelling down Broccobank Road this lunch time towards Hunters Bar roundabout and was about half way around the roundabout when some stupid woman pulls straight out in front of me without even looking from Ecclesall Road in her 4x4 on the phone!

I had to actually stop on the roundabout by carrying out an emergency stop. She didn't look before entering the roundabout and like I said, she was on the phone!!

I was furious and beeped at her as did the person behind me that nearly went in to the back of me. I then carried on and turned off the roundabout to go up Ecclesall road in the same direction she was (coincidence, not following).

I then saw her drive straight through a red light at the crossing just off the roundabout, STILL ON THE PHONE and at quite a speed too!!! (This wasn't just turning red, it had been red for some time and people were crossing)

There were two young children crossing the road towards the middle part of the crossing, heading towards the park and luckily their terrified mother pulled them back before they were killed by the stupid cow in the vehicle.

I was outraged. Firstly she comes close to causing my passenger and myself serious injury and then continues to nearly kill to small children that would by now be dead if their mother hadn't have grabbed them. She looked to be distraught and quite rightly so, following this stupid cows actions. I sat at the red light and got my passenger to use my phone to take a photo of the vehicle in question which I have pasted a link to below (I have blanked out part of the number pate Mods so as to not cause any problems).

I have posted the photo so that if others see this vehicle they can watch out for her, not in some petty revenge attack.

If this had been a bloke I would have considered following him and having a good go at him, but as it was a woman I couldn't really do to much. My passenger called the Police to make a complaint against her, but was on hold for just under 10 minutes and hung up.

This woman today nearly caused the deaths of two small children, not to mention nearly injured (or worse) me and my passenger in my car. Her driving was nothing short of dangerous and stupid and her use of the mobile phone while doing this showed she had no care for other road users or the children she nearly killed.

I hope the person that drove that vehicle reads this and realises how stupid you have been before you do actually kill someone. Was the call really worth it? Why drive like that, especially on a road like Ecclesall Road and near a park with kids quite eager to cross to the park?

I am sure she ruined their day and shook the mother up badly too, but it could have been worse. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE think if you are the person that did this and learn to drive correctly and without using your mobile phone.

idiot.jpg

Driving around Sheffield daily and seeing some real Dizzys driving about I have noticed that since the new laws regarding driving using a mobile phone became law that more people than ever seem to be using a phone while driving

Personally I'd have followed her all the way to wherever she's going. True, I wouldn't use violence against her, but I'd have made sure I ripped the phone from her and smashed it on the floor.

The fine for using a phone at the wheel needs to be £20,000, but you do ofcause, need a police force to enforce it.

'I'll just put you on hold....,'

This driver desrves the red and yellow stripe of shame putting down the side of the vehicle.

One day it will comme a cropper,and of course it wont be their fault because it never is.

By the way did she have a puney child sat in the passenger seat?,,,they normaly do.

Originally posted by Strix

Very interesting rant - and I quite agree, but that photo is taken from the driver's side is it not? ;)

Pot? kettle? black?

You'd have looked well if she'd slammed on her anchors whilst you were fiddling with your phone and run into the back of her :suspect:

PS - If I spot this vehicle parked, I will quite happily let her tyres down for you :thumbsup:

It's definatly not taken from the drivers side.

I have edited that picture on my PC to remove the part of the number plate and also zoomed in on the car, cropping the rest of the image. It was a lot larger than that originally. There's no chance I would risk taking a photo while driving.

Originally posted by gpsy

If this had been a bloke I would have considered following him and having a good go at him, but as it was a woman I couldn't really do to much.

Really? What a great Policeman you would be! Do you think people said the same thing about Rose West? Myra Hindly?

Originally posted by mattymoo

Really? What a great Policeman you would be! Do you think people said the same thing about Rose West? Myra Hindly?

he's not a policeman. had he done so he'd risk being accused of some public order offence or other (whether it had been a man or a woman driving). he did the right thing.

Originally posted by peakma

The police are crap, and will proberbly tell you theres nothing they can do, but at least you can be sure that you've done as much as you can

That's an unfair statement. The Police can only act as far as the law allows.

If this was reported, it would be taken as a complaint by Gpsy against the other driver and it would definatly be looked in to. What's crap about that?

Originally posted by mattymoo

Eh? Policeman? What's that got to do with anything?

I'm not a Policeman, never said I was, where'd that come from?

What on earth does Rose West and Myra Hindly have to do with a dangerous driver on Ecclesall Road?

I was stating that had this been a male driver I would have had a go at him, ie confronted him regarding his driving (not punch or attacked him). As this was a woman though I thought it best not to as I have seen how intimated some woman drivers can get when they are on their own.

Maybe I should have said something, but there you go.