Accidents on Harborough Avenue: Time to act

Unfortunately it's my mums hen do on Friday otherwise we'd have come. Good luck with it though I hope something is done at last.

Its not the road its the drivers who are at fault.

Too right-the road is gun barrel straight and unfortunately invites motorists to speed.I once witnessed a driver hit a dog,and then he turned round to run it over.When challenged he said

"Im goin to run the fckr over" and raced off.I never took his number thinking he was jesting-but no he chased the doog down the Avenue to Manor Pk Centre.Its like the Bronx at times there.

couple of speed cameras either side of bottom of fretson rd- one from prince of wales rd side one from manor park centre side.large round-a-bout bottom of fretson rd where all the junctions are and a few islands jutting out where the traffic has to stop and giveway to on coming vehicles.speed humps are not that effective as they can only be designed to be so high as motorists tend to complain that they damage vehicles and passengers on buses complain about neck and back injuries.joyriders arnt bothered about speed humps as its not their vehicle they are flying over the humps in.large speed limit signs erected reminding motorists of the speed limit.job done.

Speed bumps aren't the answer, idiots just fly over them without consideration, speed cameras are much more effective.

It is a silly stretch of road, the whole length, including where it meets Manor Lane, where my young nephew was killed by a speeding drunk driver.

Speed bumps aren't the answer, idiots just fly over them without consideration, speed cameras are much more effective.

It is a silly stretch of road, the whole length, including where it meets Manor Lane, where my young nephew was killed by a speeding drunk driver.

i hope you will be attending tro11 to get your point across aswell xxxxx

I've been to a few accidents on Harborough and at least 50% of them have involved illegally ridden motorcycles which I believe have been a real problem in the area for a long time. Sadly, changes to roads such as crossings and speed bumps will have little to no affect on this and instead require increased policing and increased penalties to deter others. That said, I am sure that crossings and speed bumps will help in other cases such as pedestrians, children playing etc and I am very glad to see that the young lad is recovering well.

Why not a mini-roundabout on Harborough Avenue at the crossroads where it meets Fretson Road ?

Well personally I think it's disgusting that such a busy road close to a school doesn't have some speed reduction scheme or crossings. I drive on that road many times during the week and always witness the crazy drivers. How is the little boy doing now was shocked when one of the neighbours told me

Well personally I think it's disgusting that such a busy road close to a school doesn't have some speed reduction scheme or crossings. I drive on that road many times during the week and always witness the crazy drivers. How is the little boy doing now was shocked when one of the neighbours told me

forgive me if im wrong but its not near a school is it?

It's not very far & many children have to cross the road to get to school, which is probably one of the reasons why it has been bypassed as there isn't a school on the actual road. I am not normally a speed restriction fan after all I am a driver but in this instance something really needs to be done

Edited by nexusdee