TJ Hughes branch relocation MEGATHREAD

theres a lot to be said about online shopping i do it on a regular basis, but there is also a lot to be said about live physical shopping as well, touching feeling trying on getting it right the first time and the excitement of it all, last but not least no online fraud

because shopping on line means you never know the quality of product especially clothes and furniture, that is why i will never by furniture from argos as it is libel to be flimsy and tacky

i think that sheffield is one ugly mess, looking at town starting from the wicker to the bottom of the moore, it is a massive concrete bolder field, nothing matches and there is nothing attractive, i am sure i am not alone in this

how come Harvey Nicolls dont open up here as they have in manchester and Leeds

We don't have one partly because they opened in those cities, and they don't tend to have more than one in an area, in the way that Leeds doesn't have a shopping centre as big as Meadowhall (because we have one) and only recently got an Arena - there's not a market for every city to get the same thing

We don't have one partly because they opened in those cities, and they don't tend to have more than one in an area, in the way that Leeds doesn't have a shopping centre as big as Meadowhall (because we have one) and only recently got an Arena - there's not a market for every city to get the same thing

So why is Leeds wanting an Arena, my bold

because shopping on line means you never know the quality of product especially clothes and furniture, that is why i will never by furniture from argos as it is libel to be flimsy and tacky

i think that sheffield is one ugly mess, looking at town starting from the wicker to the bottom of the moore, it is a massive concrete bolder field, nothing matches and there is nothing attractive, i am sure i am not alone in this

Sheffield is a beautiful lovely mish mash mess of a town unlike the bloody awful Leeds or the where the hell am i Manchester.

Lets hope it stops that way .

[/b]

They want one, in the way that everyone wants what they haven't got (e.g. they wanted a tram too).

However, with Sheffield Arena so close to Leeds (handy for the M1), it wouldn't be commercially profitable to build one - hence getting Yorkshire Forward to spend public money on it - it wouldn't make enough money for any private company to build.

Trouble is, we are always envious of what elsewhere has. People criticise Sheffield because it doesn't have the Selfridges that Leeds has, yet don't appreciate that we have a John Lewis that they haven't had (yet).

Grass is always greener.

(and, yes, Leeds will get its John Lewis one day in the way that we will get our IKEA one day)

Glad you like the humour,The moor the merrier that's what we need!

'the MOOR the merrier'

:hihi:

the lewis group the same company that had department stores ?

No. Lewis's Home Retail is part of a Bootle-based group called Benross, not associated with either Lewis's (Departmert stores) or John Lewis Partnership (inc. Waitrose and what used to be Cole Brothers).

See http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-14370151

Edited by Jeffrey Shaw

Lets Have A Home Bargains at the tj huges site or something like that :)

[/b]

So the people in Leeds can watch events without having to travel to another city?