Who Was The First Pop Star You Saw Live?

Same with me cuttsie i know them both personally used to go to Dave's house when he lived in Dronfield Woodhouse as for Joe i followed him everywhere from his Vance Arnold & the Avengers days i was also a regular at the King Mojo also know the Stringfellow Family very well so i saw a lot of the stars of that era also loads and loads of acts at the Fiesta & Cavendish (Baileys) far to many to mention I also drank socially with quite a few in the Fiesta HAPPY DAYS :love: .

I first saw Dave Berry at the Leeds Arms at Wales Bar? Kiveton, Fell in love with his sister but she gave me the knock back story of my life.

Did Joe have a big American car at one time i am sure i used to see him around Crookes and Walkley in one it would be the mid sixties.

Johnny Tempest and the Cadillacs at the Frecheville Community Centre, early 60's. Then Muddy Waters and Dave Berry & the Cruisers at the Esquire, a bit later.

Saw Dave Berry 1962 at school when he visited my teacher, his sister Miss Grundy. Never seen him perform live, but thinking of going to a sixties weekend in Whitby in September where he is due to play.

Stevie Wonder City Hall 69ish Place was packed we were up in the gods and could barely see him but it was brilliant he did not want to leave the stage and had to be carried off! Seem to remember he was quoted in NME at the time saying that Sheffield was the best gig of his UK tour that year.

i was there that night i think ,when martha reeves was supporting (i got all their autographs)

Saw Dave Berry 1962 at school when he visited my teacher, his sister Miss Grundy. Never seen him perform live, but thinking of going to a sixties weekend in Whitby in September where he is due to play.

Advise you to go. Saw him a couple of months ago and he's as good as ever.

Dickie Valentine. Anyone else remember him?

I first saw Dave Berry at the Leeds Arms at Wales Bar? Kiveton, Fell in love with his sister but she gave me the knock back story of my life.

Did Joe have a big American car at one time i am sure i used to see him around Crookes and Walkley in one it would be the mid sixties.

I cant recall Joe ever having a yankee car but i do however remember Big Des De Fratis having one on a couple of occasions i went with Des to Leeds to deliver a couple of working girls if you know what i mean nudge nudge wink wink :roll: .

I cant recall Joe ever having a yankee car but i do however remember Big Des De Fratis having one on a couple of occasions i went with Des to Leeds to deliver a couple of working girls if you know what i mean nudge nudge wink wink :roll: .

I remember Des,he had a pink cadillac.No i wasnt a working girl. Back on topic New Seekers mid 70s and Gene Pitney at the Fiesta.

My mum took me to see Cliff Richard at the City Hall when I was about 12 - he was gorgeous in those days......!!

My mum took me to see Cliff Richard at the City Hall when I was about 12 - he was gorgeous in those days......!!

He was at Wimbledon yesterday and still looks great.

Dickie Valentine. Anyone else remember him?

Yes I remember him, I loathed him as a teenager, he thought that wearing a pink coat like Cliff Richard would get him some younger fans, didn't work! He was one of the set of british singers who carved out a career largely by making really bad covers of records of american artist.

Talking Heads, Hammersmith Palais, 1980.

Although U2 were the support band, so technically them I guess.