Who Was The First Pop Star You Saw Live?

The Beatles at the city hall when they were the suporting act for helen shapiro

the first pop star i saw was desmond decker, then the first group i saw was slade, whose backing group was alex harvey band it was awsome

Gary Numan, city hall, Oct 8th 1979 - will never forget it

Going to see him again next month on his latest tour

Tom Robinson band.

Ruddy good they were too.

I saw The Bee Gees at the City Hall, when there were five of them. Support was Dave Dee Dozy Beaky Mick and Titch and Grapefruit. Must have been around 1968. I wore a pink tent dress with bell sleeves, a zip- up neck with a huge ring on the zip and an orange chiffon scarf. I have no idea why I would remember that, but I can see it now!!!!

Actually I just remembered I saw Cliff Richard at the Gaumont in Barkers Pool, probably about 1964. I used to go to town with my mum on Saturdays and we were just passing and saw he was on, but I can't remember anything of the show. Did I dream it?

Lonnie Donnegan, who played banjo in the Chris Barber Jazz Band, breaking out into a skiffle group midway through the performance at the City Hall. ca. 1956. Rock Island Line and Diggin my Potatoes - real skiffle, not the chewing gum on the bedpost pop rubbish that he later sang.

May 1957: Frankie Lymon & the Tennagers, also City Hall. Anyone remember that group? They were the forerunners of Mowtown.

Pop star??the singer of the day was Joan Reagan and Frederick Ferari

The first pop star I ever saw live was Emile Ford, the song,What do you want to make those eyes at me for?.It was at the Locarno in the 60s,mind you he cheated,he was miming but never mind!.Which star did you see live and where and when!.:cool::confused::help:

Saw Emile Ford at the Montgomery Hall on Surry Street in the early 60s.Used to think he was brill.Long time ago now !!!

The first pop star I saw live was David Cassidy about 1972, I think, in Manchester. It was at the height of his career. A few years later he revisited the UK and no one recognised him!!

In the late 70`s, early 80`s i saw quite a few bands at the city hall. I can`t remember which was my first but the one that stands out is Black Sabbath with Van Halen as support. Excellent gig:clap: