Who Was The First Pop Star You Saw Live?

Scott Walker, Cavendish Club....late 60's?

Joe Cocker at the Sicey Hotel, fabulous.:love:

Screaming Lord Sutch, Dave Berry, Freddie and the Dreamers, Karl Denver (Wimoweh) all at the Plaza Hndsworth. Early 60's

Tuppie

Who remembers seeing Arthur Guitar at the ABC on a Saturday morning????

alvin stardust at the top rank on a Saturday, i think i was about 10

The first pop star i saw live was madonna at wembley back in 1992 on her blonde ambition tour.

Toyah.City hall.Helped getting equipment in,met her back stage before and after.

What a down to earth lady,was worth getting caught out wagging school for 'cos our parents notes had same handwriting lol! :)

The first pop star I ever saw live was Emile Ford, the song,What do you want to make those eyes at me for?.It was at the Locarno in the 60s,mind you he cheated,he was miming but never mind!.Which star did you see live and where and when!.:cool::confused::help:

Joe Cocker at just about every pub with a stage in Sheffield ,at the same time big Dave Berry.

Joe Cocker at just about every pub with a stage in Sheffield ,at the same time big Dave Berry.

Same with me cuttsie i know them both personally used to go to Dave's house when he lived in Dronfield Woodhouse as for Joe i followed him everywhere from his Vance Arnold & the Avengers days i was also a regular at the King Mojo also know the Stringfellow Family very well so i saw a lot of the stars of that era also loads and loads of acts at the Fiesta & Cavendish (Baileys) far to many to mention I also drank socially with quite a few in the Fiesta HAPPY DAYS :love: .

...about 1959went for a birthday treat to see the 6 5 special show at the City Hall!! Josephine Douglas, Pete Murray and Don lang and his Frantic Five are the only ones I remember!!!

cant remember the name but know it was one of the silent stars like al Johnson

Bet you could hear a pin drop ...:huh:

Ruby Murray, met her in the Rickshaw and Laurie London who I met in the Kenwood Hotel. Both in the mid 50@s

Mike

It was Lonnie Donegan at the Alhambra, Bradford, 1956....:blush:

Or Donny Lonegan as my old mum seemed to think he was called!