The dropped kerb/vehicular access thread- all queries in here please

Bonjon you wrote earlier in the thread that you had a the work done for £400, can you tell me which contractor you used?

I intended to get a few quotes but if I can find someone to do the work for a reasonable price without going through the whole list that would be great.

I'd like the same details aswell please. thanks

All I can remember was that it was one off the list and they were from Rotherham. Not much help i'm afraid :(

Does anybody know if Amey are putting them in when they resurface paths/roads etc?

If you want one in you can pay for one when they do the improvements, that's what it says in the letter I got yesterday about them doing the work round s12.

Does anybody know if Amey are putting them in when they resurface paths/roads etc?

Yes, they quote prices from 300-800 depending on the work they are carrying out on the road.

Lets hope that people who drive over the grass verges onto their drives take advantage and get them done. Maybe Amey could put something to restrict people with drives from driving over the verges if they won't have them done.

Lets hope that people who drive over the grass verges onto their drives take advantage and get them done. Maybe Amey could put something to restrict people with drives from driving over the verges if they won't have them done.
why should amey put anything in place to stop this happening?

why should amey put anything in place to stop this happening?

To stop people driving over the grass verges and making a mess, look round the city and you will see grass verges destroyed by people driving over them and looking a mess.

To stop people driving over the grass verges and making a mess, look round the city and you will see grass verges destroyed by people driving over them and looking a mess.
and where do you think the money will come from to do all these grass verges :huh:

I thought that the general idea was that the council (or their delegated agents) were supposed to make life easier for the taxpayers - not try to put obstructions in their way?

Why - if Amery are working on the road and are going to work on the kerbs - can they not fit a dropped kerb at no extra charge if the house owner wants one?

Well hopefully if Amey offered a competitive price people might pay for the kerb being dropped, it would save them from having to find an approved contractor.

I'm getting fed up of people being constantley parked outside my house. To drop my kerb do I need the drive already built or do I just have to pay the planning and the kirb dropping?

________

Honda Accord Hybrid specifications

If a vehicle is on the road legally and not causing an obstruction it can be parked wherever the driver likes. I have no argument with people parking outside our property. The only objection I would have is if I found it wasn't taxed.

If a vehicle is on the road legally and not causing an obstruction it can be parked wherever the driver likes. I have no argument with people parking outside our property. The only objection I would have is if I found it wasn't taxed.

I live on a busy road and did not like parking my car streets away, I now have a dropped kerb and a drive so have no problems anymore.

we are trying to get money together for a dropped kerb and a driveway fitting but struggling a bit. we have got permission for both but at nearly £900 for a dropped kerb we've got no chance.

is there a chaeper way to go about things and are there companies that fit driveways cheaper or even for free (long shot i know) if they get plenty of advertising off it.