The dropped kerb/vehicular access thread- all queries in here please

7 hours ago, bungleboy69 said:

I'm considering applying for a dropped kerb with SCC who charge a £95 fee. Before I part with any cash, does anyone have any recommendations for companies who can carry out the work? I'm aware of the approved contractor list, but don't know anything about any of the companies on the list. Also does anyone have any rough ideas on costs for the works to be carried out. I'm thinking of a single entry dropped kerb. 

When Amey did our road I asked what it would cost to h@ve work done if I had to pay ,guy said in region of £1500

I know you have to have someone drop the kerb, do they have  do the concreting across the verge as well or can you do it yourself when the kerb has been dropped.

5 hours ago, iansheff said:

I know you have to have someone drop the kerb, do they have  do the concreting across the verge as well or can you do it yourself when the kerb has been dropped.

Neighbour did his own after having kerb dropped 

On 08/09/2019 at 23:20, rudds1 said:

When Amey did our road I asked what it would cost to h@ve work done if I had to pay ,guy said in region of £1500

At my old property I enquired about a dropped kerb. I was told if I waited a month and bought the required stones they'd do it as part of the resurfacing work planned. 

Cost me about 65 quid ircc. 

Wild Cat, please note. It's not a Robin Reliant, it's a Reliant Robin. The Imp was made by Rootes group with the Hillman badge, so it's a Hillman Imp. The Minor was made by the Morris company with Morris badge, so it's a Morris Minor. The Cortina was made by Ford, so it's a Ford Cortina. Etc., etc. The Reliant Motor Company made many cars, four wheelers as well as three wheelers, like the Scimitar, which is called the Reliant Scimitar, not the Scimitar Reliant. Clear now?

1 hour ago, spookk99 said:

Wild Cat, please note. It's not a Robin Reliant, it's a Reliant Robin. The Imp was made by Rootes group with the Hillman badge, so it's a Hillman Imp. The Minor was made by the Morris company with Morris badge, so it's a Morris Minor. The Cortina was made by Ford, so it's a Ford Cortina. Etc., etc. The Reliant Motor Company made many cars, four wheelers as well as three wheelers, like the Scimitar, which is called the Reliant Scimitar, not the Scimitar Reliant. Clear now?

Crystal. All these are cars which can use dropped kerbs, right?