The dropped kerb/vehicular access thread- all queries in here please

i know exactly what you mean ,i spent 2 hrs clearing my bit of snow, and the chuff whos not done a stroke pinches it lite on but no one in

I'm getting fed up of people being constantley parked outside my house. To drop my kerb do I need the drive already built or do I just have to pay the planning and the kirb dropping?

Why should dropping the kerb stop people parking outside of your house, they won't be blocking any access to anything.

Thanks, although it does not state if the drive has to be built or not? As I hear you had to have hard standing i.e concrete, tarmac, block paving. But my neighbour has had one put in with out and hardstaning(she just ripped the hedge out). So I was thinking I could do similar in the short run untill I have saved enough to have the drive professionally done??

________

Jason Castriota

Edited by Bonjon

yes you do need planning permission and whoever lowers your kerb must have public liability insurance hope that helps

Thanks, although it does not state if the drive has to be built or not? As I hear you had to have hard standing i.e concrete, tarmac, block paving. But my neighbour has had one put in with out and hardstaning(she just ripped the hedge out). So I was thinking I could do similar in the short run untill I have saved enough to have the drive professionally done??

I should imagine that if all the neighbours on your street want to park there, they will object, on the grounds you have no drive.

Can I clarify you are wanting to pay for a dropped kerb as you beleive people would not longer park infront of your house ?

My mum has a dropped kerb in front of her house(we used to have a drive) when dad moved out years ago she fenced the front garden. Now everyone(and rightly so) can park infront of her house.

They are not blocking any access, because theres nothing to block!

Without wanting to hijack the thread, I already have a driveway and dropped kerb entrance. I'd like to extend the dropped kerb access on one side by just one kerb stone as it's tight to get into at the moment.

I understand I need Council permission to do this, but was just wondering if anyone can give me a rough estimate of what the work would cost?

Remember this would be for extending an existing driveway drop kerb by just one more kerb stone.

Cos I cant park there and have to park on other streets and walk, i'd much prefer my car outside my own house, I aint whinging bout them being there, i'm just wanting a solution so they cant be there :thumbsup:

You have no right to the spot of public road outside of your house., Stop whinging and learn to enjoy the occasional exercise.

You need to apply to the council - I am assuming because you want to make some off road parking because its a really good idea because everywhere they are putting in residents parking places and yellow lines - I dont think the process takes too long but you may have to pay or you can get permission and do it yourself

You have to apply to the council and pay a fee.The council will then send you a drawing of what they require you to do,and a list of approved contractors who do this type of work.You also have to complete the hardstanding area before you can proceed with the dropped kerb.