Starting Fishing in Sheffield. Any location suggestions?

Hey all. My name is Jack, ive finally dug out my fishing gear after a few years of neglect. So keen to get back into it!

I have always fished back up in the north east however, so no idea where to start finding somewhere in Sheffield (or in the south yorkshire region).

Soooo.... Was hoping if anyone had an suggestions?

I want somewhere with suitable parking for my motorcycle without too much of a walk...

Somewhere i could pop to either for a few hours after work on an evening... or even pop to on a weekend in the early morning for a all day session.

Looking to fish for the usual.... carp, barbel, tench, etc.

All recommendations welcome.

Many thanks

Jack

hi jack, the best fisheries tend to be around the dancaster area,

lindholme lakes & candy corner are my favourite places around donny

there is a place where you could catch all manner of species and thats loxley fisheries, heading out towards dam flask.

just dont use them cobwebs for bait :-)

You could try Gear Lane in dronfield eckington or Clay Cross outside of Chesterfield on the way to derby, both cheap, Gear lane £5 for as many rods as you want any bait allowed after 4pm its £3-£4 and Clay cross you can either join the club membership £15 a year, or i think its £3.50 for the day, there the usual ones iv been too, but theres others like Barlow, Aston ponds... Gear lane has 3 ponds, pole fishing pond(neveer go on with your rods on that pond or he'l snap then in half) and then 2 carp ponds also with a few catfish in them fair sizes too but the top pong has the bigger fish in.. Clay Cross just one fairly big pond, aston ponds i think has 4 and barlow 3 or 4 ponds but ones for fly fishing

hi jack, the best fisheries tend to be around the dancaster area,

lindholme lakes & candy corner are my favourite places around donny

there is a place where you could catch all manner of species and thats loxley fisheries, heading out towards dam flask.

just dont use them cobwebs for bait :-)

I second that..... Lindholme is fantastic, try Willows lake and pick a corner peg.. 110lb of Carp in 2 hours out of Hoskers at Candy Corner last week fishing luncheon meat on pole. Biggest fish was just short of 20lb...

Off to Hallcroft in the morning, will keep you posted..

most tackle shops stock a paperback book giving details of waters in and around sheffield. plenty of places to fish even if you want to avoid them silly carp puddles.

Agree candy corner is fantastic and so is woodhouse grange.

We looked at Woodhouse Grange last week when Candy Corner was matched up.. The fact that you cannot use meat put me off... Ended up at Bank End...

We looked at Woodhouse Grange last week when Candy Corner was matched up.. The fact that you cannot use meat put me off... Ended up at Bank End...

Argee meat is what i like to use for bait but dont let that put you off its

a brilliant place for big carp plus you can take your pick from 5 ponds my fav is the small willow pond full of carp and tench.

Anyone been to candy corner this year not been as yet would like to know how it been fishing.

a brilliant place for big carp plus you can take your pick from 5 ponds my fav is the small willow pond full of carp and tench.

Anyone been to candy corner this year not been as yet would like to know how it been fishing.

i went in febuary , fishing was crap, however now the suns out i expect it will be fishing great as it does every single time i go in the summer :-)

and i thought woodhouse grange now allowed luncheon meat, not cat or dog meat, sure thats been rescinded in about the last 12 months , maybe not updated the signage there !!!

Yeah been almost every week. Bit slow through the day but after 4pm it really comes alive. Over 100lb of Carp in two hours a couple of weeks ago. Fished Hoskers on meat and pole..

and i thought woodhouse grange now allowed luncheon meat, not cat or dog meat, sure thats been rescinded in about the last 12 months , maybe not updated the signage there !!!

The sign definitely says no meat, might give them a ring to check, give it a try then..