Stocksbridge: What's it like?

Its a great place to live.

Most areas are decent with just the odd part that is not too salubrious but where does'nt have its rougher parts.

Generally the people are friendly and there will be a lot of 'in comers' that have set up home there and stayed for years.

The surrounding areas are beautiful and access to motorways excellent.

I would say the only things that let the place down is the shopping area which is in need of development and some of the pubs need sorting out. the pubs have probably suffered due to not being too close to each other so you tend not to have a pub crawl culture.

I moved to stocksbridge in 1995 and i have never looked back its a great place but it could improve in somethings but ever were is not perfect is it

can i ask what street you are moving to?

thanx for all ur comments, yes we made our decision and we av taken it, it seems a lovely area and i think i would be the daft one for not taking it, its close to the schools and some shops lol not many though but i like it and so does my children. so thanx again for the wide range of views and there was some pretty funny comments (sorry if that offends anyone) and the road we are moving to is chestnut ave.......anybody know what the streets like? :huh::D

thanx for all ur comments, yes we made our decision and we av taken it, it seems a lovely area and i think i would be the daft one for not taking it, its close to the schools and some shops lol not many though but i like it and so does my children. so thanx again for the wide range of views and there was some pretty funny comments (sorry if that offends anyone) and the road we are moving to is chestnut ave.......anybody know what the streets like? :huh::D

chestnut ave is ok nr the schools but down hill for shops get the bus

you will enjoy it here have a walk or get the bus to underbank dam

chestnut ave is ok nr the schools but down hill for shops get the bus

you will enjoy it here have a walk or get the bus to underbank dam

where abouts is the underbank dam?

where abouts is the underbank dam?

Follow manchester road to the silver fox pub,then a few hundred yards towards the by.pass its on ya left,cant miss it.

laura chestnut ave is ok, my daughter has just bought a flat on there, i have worked on social housing in firth park and wincobank and i wouldnt want to live there, i lived in stocksbridge for most of my life its a great place, im sure you will enjoy living there

laura chestnut ave is ok, my daughter has just bought a flat on there, i have worked on social housing in firth park and wincobank and i wouldnt want to live there, i lived in stocksbridge for most of my life its a great place, im sure you will enjoy living there

im on marigold atm, and i cant wait to move, iv been here since last nov, and in that short time me and my family have witnessed a man fire shots at two peoples houses on our street, my next door neighbor had his house attacked by people with samurai's!!! there seems to be police 24/7 on our street, its just not a nice place to live, dont get me wrong iv met some nice people il miss when i move but im counting down the days when i finally leave and move to stocksbridge. :(

Stocksbridge is an awful, evil place full of self centred people that frown upon anyone who is either new to the area or is exiled.

There's areas to avoid like Shay/Glebelands estates and places not to go unless you have a mountain of money and 6 cars like The Ideal Homes in Deepcar or Toy Town around the Smithy's estates.

If your face doesn't fit, you'll soon be made to know by the constant abuse you get from the neanderthal locals.

Having said all of that, some people are really friendly.

It's just a general case of "If your face doesn't fit, you're not welcome tbh"

Stocksbridge is an awful, evil place full of self centred people that frown upon anyone who is either new to the area or is exiled.

There's areas to avoid like Shay/Glebelands estates and places not to go unless you have a mountain of money and 6 cars like The Ideal Homes in Deepcar or Toy Town around the Smithy's estates.

If your face doesn't fit, you'll soon be made to know by the constant abuse you get from the neanderthal locals.

Having said all of that, some people are really friendly.

It's just a general case of "If your face doesn't fit, you're not welcome tbh"

I would disagree, my parents live in Deepcar and to be honest the views are amazing, you are right in the country side.... it's not really my cup of tea because it's too quiet but if you like the country side and stuff it's brilliant. Yes there are chavs and the odd small minded people but you get that every where!!

Aye it's fine. My uncle lives on it.

Regards

Angel.

We lived there for about 18 months but found it was a bit too far our for us. We spent too much money on diesel travelling to work. Its a nice place for walks with the dog etc but I agree that you may feel like an outsider. When it snows you won't be getting out of Stocksbridge for a few days either.