Did you ever live in Parson Cross?

Originally posted by Bushbaby

I remember May, she was lovely. My brother Pete worked there with her a while. Didn't she have a daughter Janice?

A lady called Mrs Smedley( can't remember first name) once worked there,she had a daughter called Janice.

Originally posted by Unregistered

Sheffield Council Archives 24 June 2004.

''Parson Cross Neighbourhood Action Team '

=========================

Some people are working hard to improve the area.

It would help if Parents knew what their kids were up to, before they get a knock on the door from Police and before their name is added to the Police computer.

Agreed, but check out the thread about 5 years for smacking a child. Parents won't have any control if silly laws like these are enforced.

Mind you we could send naughty kids to theyr'e rooms to play on theyr'e computers,DVD's play stations whilst they listen to there latest hi-fi or watch television. That'll teach em - they won't be bad again!!!!!!!!

Buchanan Road shops (Wordsworth Avenue end) have raised a petition objecting to a relocation into new buildings.

They want money to be spent on their existing premises.

Did you remember the house that exploded on Margetson Crescent, half way between the shops and the Wordsworth Tavern?

It was about 1970 (at a guess) when the area was being converted from Coal Gas to North Sea Gas.

A spark from an electric light switch ignited gas that had been leaking into the house all day.

Originally posted by Unregistered

Did you remember the house that exploded on Margetson Crescent, half way between the shops and the Wordsworth Tavern?

It was about 1970 (at a guess) when the area was being converted from Coal Gas to North Sea Gas.

A spark from an electric light switch ignited gas that had been leaking into the house all day.

I remember it - it was the last house before the catholic church

:confused: AND SO, THE HOUSES DISAPPEAR,

RETURNED TO FIELDS, THAT ONCE, WERE HERE.

IT'S A MYSTERY WHAT THE COUNCIL DO,

I KNOW NOT WHY, AT ALL, DO YOU?:help:

Originally posted by herbiegrass

:confused: AND SO, THE HOUSES DISAPPEAR,

RETURNED TO FIELDS, THAT ONCE, WERE HERE.

IT'S A MYSTERY WHAT THE COUNCIL DO,

I KNOW NOT WHY, AT ALL, DO YOU?:help:

Parson Cross will rise like the phoenix from the ashes and become the new Dore and Totley.

(lmao - I can't keep a straight face)

Originally posted by Saxon

I remember it - it was the last house before the catholic church

I remember that too!

I was dead jealous because they got a virtual new house from it. Full decoration in and out, new pebble dash, the works. It looked really posh.

The kid who lived there went to Colley School but I can't remember his name.

I remember that too!

I was dead jealous because they got a virtual new house from it. Full decoration in and out, new pebble dash, the works. It looked really posh.

Hey Bushbaby, do you have twin brothers, one called Pete ?.

I remember that too!

Warren ?