Did you ever live in Parson Cross?

The oldest of the Antcliffes, Steven, was a great childhood friend of mine. I remember when the family came up from Attercliffe (1966 ish)

I was at his wedding and reception (in The Cross) and was there the night Jason was borne

I think Steve and Sue still live close by - someone told me the'yd moved on to St Cecelia's Close (Chaucer)

hi bush,,dont knock me but is it true that if it was the antcliffes who lived across from chaucer school,, i heard jason died of an overdose but he was in same class as me in mansel,,i hope i am wrong !!!!

hi bush,,dont knock me but is it true that if it was the antcliffes who lived across from chaucer school,, i heard jason died of an overdose but he was in same class as me in mansel,,i hope i am wrong !!!!

sorry mate but you have the correct Ancliffes

hi foxy,,it bothers me as i remember your name very well but cant picture you,did you have a sis in yewlands at all about 20 years ago?? i am now 36, i have 2 older brothers oldest is andy,he is 39, other bro is steve ,he is 38, does that help at all,,we lived 2 houses away from chinese chippy on chaucer,basicly across from mansel school,,who are you related to on parson cross,,is there any family names that i may know

yes I had a sister her name was Rachael, she came through yewlands 4 years after me she is 36, I am 40, a year above your oldest brother. I do remember you all now. Didn't your old fella drive a coach for Law bros. and have a brother called Derrick? My mate from school married your neighbour Lucy I think her name is, She had a couple of older bros. and a gorgeous older sister who I think was a year or two younger than me. Have i got the correct McGowan's? I had one or two relatives knocking about but never had much to do with 'em. I was the one if there was any trouble I usually wasn't far behind. I went to all the schools at Mansel and obviously yewlands. I am trying to locate Craig Maxfield and Dean Lomas, any ideas they lived near you and both worked at foggy's as paper lads, Craigs parents may still live on Chaucer, but Dean I think has moved away.

yes I had a sister her name was Rachael, she came through yewlands 4 years after me she is 36, I am 40, a year above your oldest brother. I do remember you all now. Didn't your old fella drive a coach for Law bros. and have a brother called Derrick? My mate from school married your neighbour Lucy I think her name is, She had a couple of older bros. and a gorgeous older sister who I think was a year or two younger than me. Have i got the correct McGowan's? I had one or two relatives knocking about but never had much to do with 'em. I was the one if there was any trouble I usually wasn't far behind. I went to all the schools at Mansel and obviously yewlands. I am trying to locate Craig Maxfield and Dean Lomas, any ideas they lived near you and both worked at foggy's as paper lads, Craigs parents may still live on Chaucer, but Dean I think has moved away.

hi foxy,,yes i remember your rachel now,she was in same class as me in mansel and you have a good memory as my dad did drive for law brothers but now does odd driving jobs as he is now retired now,i do remember craig maxfield as knocked about with my bro andy but we have all moved off the cross now,our andy is in stocksbridge,our steve is up north and i am in rotherham but parents still on mansel,,bad news about jason antcliffe :( we was in same classes all way through mansel but not sure if he went to colley or chaucer,,say hello to your rachel as i think she may remember me,,

hi foxy,,yes i remember your rachel now,she was in same class as me in mansel and you have a good memory as my dad did drive for law brothers but now does odd driving jobs as he is now retired now,i do remember craig maxfield as knocked about with my bro andy but we have all moved off the cross now,our andy is in stocksbridge,our steve is up north and i am in rotherham but parents still on mansel,,bad news about jason antcliffe :( we was in same classes all way through mansel but not sure if he went to colley or chaucer,,say hello to your rachel as i think she may remember me,,

hi,richard

in response to the rumours regarding Jason Antcliffe,Jason was diagnosed with liver cancer in sept/oct 2003.In March 2004 we took him to Christies Hospital in Manchester where we were told that not only he had liver cancer but had cancer spores all over his body.Christies was his last chance saloon as Weston Park could do no more.On the 25 May ,Jasons health detiorated he was injected with a syringe drive (ie a cocktail of drugs ,pain killers,100% pure heroin )And on the 29th of May at 2:10 am he sadly passed away.I hope this quashes all the rumours.

hi,richard

in response to the rumours regarding Jason Antcliffe,Jason was diagnosed with liver cancer in sept/oct 2003.In March 2004 we took him to Christies Hospital in Manchester where we were told that not only he had liver cancer but had cancer spores all over his body.Christies was his last chance saloon as Weston Park could do no more.On the 25 May ,Jasons health detiorated he was injected with a syringe drive (ie a cocktail of drugs ,pain killers,100% pure heroin )And on the 29th of May at 2:10 am he sadly passed away.I hope this quashes all the rumours.

hi charley,,bloody hell mate i am so sorry to hear that mate,i remember in mansel we sat together in class in the last year before we left and his chair and his side of table was full of grafitti,,his tag in mansel was anky as it was on the chairs and tables,he was a tough lad in mansel,quite a rogue in class but everyone liked him and he will be dearly missed

Anyone seen Raymond 'Mousey' Fieldhouse in recent years ???

Lived near The Wordsworth Tavern in the Sixties.

I saw him in Woolworths in the cafe last year

my husband grew up on milnrow road.

I grew up at 93 milnrow rd

did you know the dexters,or the humphreys??

I know both humps and decs

Pete was also a brilliant musician and songwriter. Parson Cross's answer to John Lennon. "King of the Saucepans" was one song which sticks in the memory.

Other cycle speedway aces were:

Terry Wilson, Pete Lee, John Bush, Ray Burns, Tony Kane, Johnny Fountain, Graham Hoole, Tony Gill, Malc Cooper and Johnnie Beaver.

They formed two teams between them, Eagles and Devils.

John Bush (my brother) was Yorkshire Champion in 1969. He still has the Silver Sash

PS Ben Howe's real name was Ken

Yes iam still alive and you forgot Tom Roebuck steve cam pete lee.Only just got a computer.

:thumbsup:

Pete was also a brilliant musician and songwriter. Parson Cross's answer to John Lennon. "King of the Saucepans" was one song which sticks in the memory.

Other cycle speedway aces were:

Terry Wilson, Pete Lee, John Bush, Ray Burns, Tony Kane, Johnny Fountain, Graham Hoole, Tony Gill, Malc Cooper and Johnnie Beaver.

They formed two teams between them, Eagles and Devils.

John Bush (my brother) was Yorkshire Champion in 1969. He still has the Silver Sash

PS Ben Howe's real name was Ken

Yes iam still alive and you forgot Tom Roebuck steve cam pete lee.Only just got a computer.:thumbsup:Good to see and read all your posts.SORRY about your mam.

I think its a real plan by the council - there was some posters explaining it on the shops at Margetson - didn't take much notice at the time - but it does look quite pleasant until the chavs tear them up with their motor bikes and scooters...

I see you know my name but who are you