Did you ever live in Parson Cross?

Sue and steve antcliffe live on the estate they built behind the bookies at southey green.I saw them at Skeggy last week.

Thanks for that. I'll pop in and see 'em next time I'm over that way

hi my name was pauline parker its now wallis i went to southeygreen school when i was 5yrs then left at 15yrs 1950-1960 the last teacher i had was Mr Pride i was in the class with Bernard shaw Terry Christian Maggy Duffy or Duffin May Crich i have a school photo with as all on Barry Allsop many more but i forget the names i think its old age do you remeber Mr Pride trying to teach us French he also took us to castleton my email is

[email protected] love to hear from any one

PAULINE GREEN PAULINE RICKSOM JOAN PERSIL

I Live On Dryden Ave Till 1965 Went To Southey Green School My Maiden Name Was Parker My Mothers Was Wison She Had A Half Sister I Never Met Her She Live Over Bucannon Named Jacline Wilson

HI I LOVE THE CROSS WE CALLED OURS THE OLD PARSON CROSS I LIVE ON DRYDEN AVE JUST OFF SOUTHEY HILL ABOVE THE BREAD SHOP DAVIES Dr Donelly was on the corner i have just found this site and it brings tears to my eyes the memorys they where good days all my friends and you just move away and lose track the girls gett married and the name changers so they are hard to find my name was PAULINE PARKER

I remember Dr Donnelly, he was my family doctor when I was a kid. Ill never forget those uncomfortable wooden benches they had in the waiting room, and Im sure Ive still got ridges on my arse from sitting on th em.

He was a good doctor was Donelley.

When I first moved onto the New Parson Cross 1946, after the 110 bus turned left from Galsworthy Road onto Southy Hill, on the flat bit, at the top of the hill on the righthand side of the road were piles of bricks all stacked neatly up by the pre-fabricated church. (St Michaels)?

I understood that these were to build or re-build the church which now is built there. Has anyone got any information regarding why these bricks were there, How long had they been there and where had they come from & who bought them at what price? Were they used to build the present church? Any news anyone?

i use to go from school to meet my gran at st micheal she called it the darbean jones club where all our grans went to have a cup of tea and play bingo

I've been reading through the forum for 2 hrs... then it got a lil to much lol ..quite a few things i recall as a child have arisen.. Does anyone recall the Lynch's from Dryden road ? or the Booth's from remington ? I am an offspring from both :)
i lived on dryden ave up to1965 went to southey green school left school in 1960

HI ANNIEGRAY I WAS BORN 1941 LIVED ON ADLINGTON ALLSO WENT TO SOUTHEY INFANTS JUNIORS AND SENIORS USED TO TAKE NEWSPAPERS DOWN DRYDEN ROAD THEN DOWN CROWDER FOR COLLINS NEWSPAPER BACK SOUTHEY CLUB YOUED REMEMBER MISS DEWSNAP JUNIORS ALLSO WENT ON TRIPS TO CLEETHORPES SOUTHEY CLUB

i was born 1945 i went to southey green school i remember miss dewsnap i left in 1960 i was in Mr Prides class my last year

My friend Cybill Guy lived in Parsons Cross, she looked just like Angelina Joelee ( back then) stunning looking, she joined the WRAC, I joined up about a year later.

My friend Cybill Guy lived in Parsons Cross, she looked just like Angelina Joelee ( back then) stunning looking, she joined the WRAC, I joined up about a year later.

That Cybill Guy. Did she start at Colley at the start in January, 1950 or 51?

Her name rings a bell.

That Cybill Guy. Did she start at Colley at the start in January, 1950 or 51?

Her name rings a bell.

Don't know what Colley is Albert, we went the St Patricks school together, she'll be in her late 60s now. name change too I suppose.

Don't know what Colley is Albert, we went the St Patricks school together, she'll be in her late 60s now. name change too I suppose.

I'll ask my OLDER sister when I see her. I'm certain she as spoken of her.