Did you ever live in Parson Cross?

I can still remember your mum if you are who I think you are. Didn't she pass away a couple or three years ago?

Yep, that's me. Mum died early last year aged 90. Had a super innings and probably lived about 20 years longer than most people expected. Sorry (but not surprised) to hear about Jason

To Bushbaby -do you have a brother called Tony?

Sure do. Do you know him? He is about 65, lives in London. Reads this forum occasionally, logs in as richardbush.

The oldest of the Antcliffes, Steven, was a great childhood friend of mine. I remember when the family came up from Attercliffe (1966 ish)

I was at his wedding and reception (in The Cross) and was there the night Jason was borne

I think Steve and Sue still live close by - someone told me the'yd moved on to St Cecelia's Close (Chaucer)

Sue and steve antcliffe live on the estate they built behind the bookies at southey green.I saw them at Skeggy last week.

Has anyone got a photograph of the first building of Colley Sec Mod School that opened in January 1951 or was it Jan 1950 please? The year when I started in year one.

Mr Ken Thompson being my first teacher. He was attached to the Sheffield Teachers Drama Group or Operatic Society.

I can remember that unknown to him, all of the class got together and went to see him in action at the lyceum. We all sat in the Gods ( Third floor(cheapest seats )) all on the front row. When he appeared on stage, all of us stood up and shouted ' Good old Ken ' the result being he forgot his lines and the all house laughed their heads off.

Harry Birch. MA. Was the first Head Master. He lived at Bents Green, Sheffield.

The Caretaker lived opposite on corner of Remington Crescent and Remington Road.

FOXY.did you have an uncle ray and aunty sheila???? who was the canadian girl who came to england in about 86/87??? she once went into town with pete williamson and some of his cronies,and about 6 of us went into town to rescue her,searching all the dodgy places he used to frequent,eventually findin them in what used to be Turn Ups on Commercial Street.

Yes I sure did have an uncle Ray , he died about 15 years ago and uncle Derrick was married to Aunty Shelia, Uncle Derrick passed away about 6 years ago, Aunty Shelia is still going strong but I haven't seen her for a while. I can remeber a little about a canadian lass, did she come over with her sister? If so that means I must know who you are? a little more detail may be required if I am to guess correctly. Did you live above the hardware shop on Buchanan?

Yes I sure did have an uncle Ray , he died about 15 years ago and uncle Derrick was married to Aunty Shelia, Uncle Derrick passed away about 6 years ago, Aunty Shelia is still going strong but I haven't seen her for a while. I can remeber a little about a canadian lass, did she come over with her sister? If so that means I must know who you are? a little more detail may be required if I am to guess correctly. Did you live above the hardware shop on Buchanan?

no mate,you mean tony,dean ,neil and the others dont you???they lived in the flat,as i remember,you knocked about with em,tony went out with a lass called karen fletcher. the canadian girl was from british columbia,cant remember her name,she used to come in the cross with you,but this particular friday,pete persuaded her to go into town with him and a couple of others,mark baker is one i remember. when you came in ,you asked where she had gone,Der and me told you she had gone with pete. we ended up going to our house to get my car,about 5 of us scoured town til we found her.

is it shirley then,sharons mum,married to albert marshall??

Does anyone remember...

There was supposed to be a sort of unofficial police force on the cross, made up of local lads who used to go around sorting trouble makers out, theres supposed to have been one since the early 50s and as someone leaves the gang, someone takes their place.

No one really knows who they are but they pop up in certain circumstances to sort the nasties out... is that a legend or is it real...?

I've remember hearing that a long time ago. It would be good if it were true because the police don't give a f*** about sorting anything other than traffic fines.

dont know about that,but a few times in the late 80,s,early 90,s,a crew from the cross went to hillsborough to sort out a gang who had kidnapped and robbed a lad who was collecting for charity,i forget his name,but he was also a regular from the cross,there was a vanload and 2 or 3 carloads,justice was swift and brutal,the robbers were dumped,minus the collection box,its contents and a few quid from their own pockets,a good few miles away. a few months later,another lad from the cross was assaulted in hillsborough by some of the afore mentioned gang,with the same results again.

no mate,you mean tony,dean ,neil and the others dont you???they lived in the flat,as i remember,you knocked about with em,tony went out with a lass called karen fletcher. the canadian girl was from british columbia,cant remember her name,she used to come in the cross with you,but this particular friday,pete persuaded her to go into town with him and a couple of others,mark baker is one i remember. when you came in ,you asked where she had gone,Der and me told you she had gone with pete. we ended up going to our house to get my car,about 5 of us scoured town til we found her.

Did you ever get that tatoo on your back finished?

anyone by the name of brenda related to you

brenda (fox) is my sister mate you will find her behind the bar in the norfolk arms on dixon lane

according to your dad glenn we are not related pal

mo used to work with the wife