Did you ever live in Parson Cross?

Yes i remember Mallinders who lived on fulmere was one called Chris didnt know his brothers tho.I also knew damian and his brother Jason Moore both used to be dodgy a long time ago but calmed down and grown up now i think.

hi peggsta,,just to let you know but are you michael??? there is a post on yewlands school past pupils website and there is a girl called claire unwin wanting to know who knew michael,,i sent her a message saying if she goes on sheffield forun,did you live in parson cross that she may be able to contact you,,i hope that was ok

Thanks for that Richard ill check that out i may be in there, only kidding im virtualy married with three kids.cheers mi old mucker.has tha found tha old buddy Damian yet?i heard a rumour that he is poorly with some blood clot but like i said a RUMOUR so hope he is ok and well and that the RUMOURS are not true.

Thanks for that Richard ill check that out i may be in there, only kidding im virtualy married with three kids.cheers mi old mucker.has tha found tha old buddy Damian yet?i heard a rumour that he is poorly with some blood clot but like i said a RUMOUR so hope he is ok and well and that the RUMOURS are not true.

bloody hell i hope damian is ok but i hope by sending you the message about that lass has not upset your partner,,my wife would be well ****** off if some bird was asking about me lol,,,but it would not bother me at all,i did not remember you at yewlands but i hope your lee does but he may not so i hope he is ok as it will be about 20 years since i left yewlands so its a long time since i spoke to him but when you see him see if he remembers me (richard mcgowan) and tell him i hope he is ok and its been long time since yewlands,,take care peggsta,,,,rich

If you're interested, there's going to be an interactive radio play and phone-in about Parson Cross on BBC Radio Sheffield this Friday (23 May 2008 ). It'll be on Rony Robinson's show, between 12noon and 1pm.

The play has been written by Dead Earnest Theatre (in Sheffield) based on interviews and meeting with residents of Parson Cross. If you listen to the show, you'll be able to phone-in and comment during and after the performance.

It's part of a project that we at Eventus have been working on with Sheffield City Council, funded by Arts Council England.

You can find out more if the following link to our website works...!http://www.eventus.org.uk/index.php/news

I listened to this .

It is 42 years since I have visited Parson Cross

The play just emphasized the impression I have gleaned from these threads

Did anyone else hear the broadcast??

hi bushbaby did the ledgers you mention have two girls in it one called Jackie and one called sue if so I work with them n local market

hi bushbaby did the ledgers you mention have one called Jackie and one called sue

Mmmm! Not sure

Johnny Ledger (would be 59 now I guess) did have a couple of sisters but I never knew their names...

yes, i lived on parson's cross, when i ws a baby with my dad though so can't remember

It's Parson Cross, as in what made the Parson Cross.

The people did.

I was eight years old when we moved to Parson Cross in the winter of 1947/48. We moved into a new house, number 10 Milnrow Road. It was a bad winter, very cold with lots of snow and when I jumped out of the Pickfords moving van ended up to my waist in a drift. Our neighbors were the Frosts, the Platts and up the road the Merrills and the Carltons. There were German or Italian POWs working on Wordsworth Avenue, then they built a new stretch of houses on Wordsworth just around the corner from us backing onto an open field. I knew the Baldwin and Gill families who lived in those houses. We used to go to the Ritz cinema for the sixpenny Saturday matinees. There wasn't much traffic except buses along Wordsworth Avenue back then. Somebody in the neighborhood had a post war Vauxhall and we always used to stare at it when it went by, it looked so fancy and modern with chrome bumpers and headlights. Always remember being bused up to Lound School Chapeltown in those old pre-war Crossleys and Daimlers belching out clouds of smoke and fumes. In the summer used to play football on Milnrow Road until 10 at night as they kept the daylight savings time from the war years until the late 1940s I believe. And then those shopping trips into town with mom on the 49 bus along Penistone Rd. Factories all the way along in those days. Bombed out buildings in the town center at the top of Snigg Hill. The green grocer came around the streets with a horse and cart

and when the horse answered the call of nature my grand father would go out with a bucket and shovel, collect it and spread it on his vegetable patch.

hi harleyman

i was born in 406 wordsworth ave in 1951 surname baldwin i remeber the frost and platts david platt and dennis frost were good friends,

:thumbsup: