Did you ever live in Parson Cross?

l live in parson cross now and loooking for people who lived here and went to school here

as im in a local history group

and we would like people to tell us they story as how parson cross used to be

so we can make a memory box to take around the local schools and the old people homes in sheffield

I lived on Parson Cross .at No44 Rokeby Road with my mum and dad and brother . I remember my first day at Monteney School i had my cap pinched ! we used to play in the street a lot as there wasnt as much traffic as is now . We had trolleys made of wood with wheels from old prams and a length of wood for the brake .Another form of transport was a Beano Annual on top of a roller skate ..sit on top and of you went down the hill ..the street was a big part of our lives then with the rag and bone man with his horse and cart with balloons to give away ..and the Ringtons tea van with its gold painted lettering , the ice cream man . I remember my dad worked in the steelworks as did a lot of our family and we were one of the first to have a tele ,big brown thing it was ...and he kept hens ..it was great to go into the pen to collect the eggs ..still warm . Everybody knew everybody and we had some happy times there .I wonder what it is like now?

I lived on Parson Cross .at No44 Rokeby Road with my mum and dad and brother . I remember my first day at Monteney School i had my cap pinched ! we used to play in the street a lot as there wasnt as much traffic as is now . We had trolleys made of wood with wheels from old prams and a length of wood for the brake .Another form of transport was a Beano Annual on top of a roller skate ..sit on top and of you went down the hill ..the street was a big part of our lives then with the rag and bone man with his horse and cart with balloons to give away ..and the Ringtons tea van with its gold painted lettering , the ice cream man . I remember my dad worked in the steelworks as did a lot of our family and we were one of the first to have a tele ,big brown thing it was ...and he kept hens ..it was great to go into the pen to collect the eggs ..still warm . Everybody knew everybody and we had some happy times there .I wonder what it is like now?
I remember an Elaine Shepherd from this area. She knocked around with Nita Jones. Remember them from Lindsey Road Youth Club. Thios was late '70s

I wonder what it is like now?

It has some people with a lack of pride, some parents with a lack of control and no teachers with a length of cane.

hi my name is mick pashley i used to go to colley school from 1958 to 1962 when i left to start work .I lived on holgate road the sleel houses !!! that are not there now ,they were replaced by bungalows when they were demolished .I remember the chip shop on cross hill in ecclesfield and also the garage .and Smiths motor bike shop that i visited frequently for spares for my motor bike

MICK PASHLEY

Hi my name is mick pashley I used to go to colley school from 1958 to 1962.

I lived on holgate road in the steel houses that are not there now.

MICK PASHLEY

Even Colley School has gone now too, it's just a wilderness at the moment but

they are due to start building a lot of new housing on the site.

Last time I spoke to Mick Smith, he said that he was joining the BNP, to stop all the immigrants from taking our jobs. I had to smile at the irony, as Mick hadn't been employed for over 30 years at this point - he was a professional sponger of the highest order!

He's stood again today in Firth Park ward.....still on Wordsworth and probably still needing a bath.

I remember an Elaine Shepherd from this area. She knocked around with Nita Jones. Remember them from Lindsey Road Youth Club. Thios was late '70s

i remember elaine too,she went out with a kid called stuart butler on buchanan road,she was really tiny with big **** ,he was over 6 foot tall,that was also in the 70,s,do you remember the woodhead twins & karen higginbottom from lindsay youth club????

i remember elaine too,she went out with a kid called stuart butler on buchanan road,she was really tiny with big **** ,he was over 6 foot tall,that was also in the 70,s,do you remember the woodhead twins & karen higginbottom from lindsay youth club????

That is definetly the Elaine I remember. I also remember Stuart. The Woodhead twins I vaguely recall but don't rmember Karen Higginbottom. I also remember the Cardwells/Cauldwells from Buchanan and as I have said before Nita Jones and her brothers. Got to say very good description of Elaine. I can remember someone once flicking a fag end in the TV room at Lindsey Road Youth club and it going straight down her enormous cleavage.

That is definetly the Elaine I remember. I also remember Stuart. The Woodhead twins I vaguely recall but don't rmember Karen Higginbottom. I also remember the Cardwells/Cauldwells from Buchanan and as I have said before Nita Jones and her brothers. Got to say very good description of Elaine. I can remember someone once flicking a fag end in the TV room at Lindsey Road Youth club and it going straight down her enormous cleavage.

the caldwells.... i knocked about with david,did you know steve oakes,sid webster and paul bower???

i remember the fag incident,it was twiggy staniland that flicked it,much to the amusement of all in the tv room except elaine who ended up crying her eyes out.

the caldwells.... i knocked about with david,did you know steve oakes,sid webster and paul bower???

I remember David and didn't Paul Bower live across the road from him? Stuart Butlers sister married Tony Cauldwell/cardwell if I remember rightly.

I remember David and didn't Paul Bower live across the road from him? Stuart Butlers sister married Tony Cauldwell/cardwell if I remember rightly.

thats right,angie.they had 2 kids,but divorced,then the caldwells bullying came back to haunt them,they were run out of sheffield,settling in luton,then tony went to manchester,where he put his new wife in intensive care,and was again run out of town,he,s now settled in cresswell,where im told he is often heard regaling the locals with his "stories" of how he was one of sheffields hard men,unfortunately for him,there are a couple of people who remember him from when he was called "barry" caldwell,who have put the locals straight,now they laugh behind his back when he starts with his tales. i still see oakesy & webster,bower has left sheffield,david caldwell was the subject of some rather "nasty" allegations from his nieces recently,and i believe his wife threw him out,his whereabouts unknown,stuart married pat eyre,but ive not seen him for years,angie still lives on the cross somewhere.....god,im rambling...sorry mate.