Did you ever live in Parson Cross?

Unregistered, reading about people living on Parson Cross. The Clark family one of the sons being called Walt, the other brother was called Neville(Nobby),married a girl by the name of Pat(think second name was Casonella). Neville used to work at Union Carbide years ago. My relatives (aunt,uncle,cousins) lived on Wordsworth Ave, the name Nelson ring any bells ?

I`ve seen Eddie Bedspread (sammy) has been mentioned on here but does anybody remember the other guy called Dick who used to walk around with his little Jack Russel (think that was what it was)singing songs about Wednesday? He used to join in with us on the big island on Fulmere when we were having a kick about. I always thought he was a jolly kind of guy. Whatever happened to him?

Does anyone remember Tom? The one armed bloke with the alsation?

I cant remember if hes been mentioned on this thread before.

i think the person you are talking about was dennis not dick he always had a transistor radio stuck to his lugole he died a good few years ago,he lived at the top of wordsworth close

hi b,baby was told that jinxs uncle alan wilcockson has recently had a stroke,do you remember that day in the beagle when i think deso threw that dart that stuck in your calf and you never flinched,p.s who are that couple you spoke about married all those years can,t seem to recall them.

i think the person you are talking about was dennis not dick he always had a transistor radio stuck to his lugole he died a good few years ago,he lived at the top of wordsworth close

Yes you are right it was Dennis. I forgot he always had that radio stuck to his ear, quite a character though.

hi b,baby w,do you remember that day in the beagle when i think deso threw that dart that stuck in your calf and you never flinched?

I remember it as though it were yesterday.

I was stood at the bar being served by Maisie, when I felt this shearing pain in my leg. I knew what had happened so I forced myself to not react. I picked up my beer and had a mouthful before casually bending down and taking the dart out as though it were an insignificant flea or something

If it happened today I'd just cry

My best friend Cybill Guy lived on Parsons Cross, she joined the WRACs so did I the following year...always wondered what happend to her, she was also the best looking girl in our class, the boys loved her :)

lived there for about five years, roughly around 1971 to 1977 ish, my parents owned the corner shop on parson cross road

lived there for about five years, roughly around 1971 to 1977 ish, my parents owned the corner shop on parson cross road

what did the shop sell

it sold a bit of everything , but it was also an off licence

i lived on the crosss for about 30yrs on the colley rd area, went to colley sch etc